Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   What do you do with players with low overall (because of awareness)? (/forums/showthread.php?t=460148)

JT92 12-12-2010 04:35 AM

What do you do with players with low overall (because of awareness)?

I draft guys that have a very good skill set but they have a very low awareness attribute. What do you guys do with these players? Do you play them because they have a good skill set or do you let them ride the bench forever? I mainly sim the seasons and I play a game every now and then. Should I put let these guys start or what? Does the awareness attribute matter that much?

oneamongthefence 12-12-2010 10:55 PM

Re: What do you do with players with low overall (because of awareness)?

Well if you're a simmer don't start them if you're a player do start them. Its unrealistic but that also depends hpw hardcore you are about being sim.

evanlongoriarays 12-12-2010 11:16 PM

play them. awarness is one of the most overrated attributes in the game (unless for a qb)

sin18 12-13-2010 10:41 AM

I agree with the first poster mostly, if you sim i wouldn't play them so much. While simming the computer looks at players OVR not skill sets.

It also depends on the position...

I don't care if my FS, SS, MLB, QB or HB have low awareness, because i use them so regularly the low awareness doesn't effect how they play to much. I get taylor mays to be my FS in franchise and im fine with a dumb MLB who can run, because i use them all the time, i will make the play, i will make the tackle.

A DE, WR, CB with low awareness can get me pissed off because they won't make the plays they should. Bad coverage, dropped balls, simply not getting off the block on an outside run.