Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   All Pro Football 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Sharing rosters on Xbox 360 (/forums/showthread.php?t=460390)

Ephs05msm 12-13-2010 05:20 PM

Sharing rosters on Xbox 360

Sorry in advance if other people have already posted on the subject, but I believe there's a relatively easy way to share custom teams on the Xbox 360.

Required:
  • A PC running Usb Xtaf Gui Version 31 (download link included; not the latest version but I've found it to be most reliable on my 64-bit Windows 7 setup)
  • A USB stick with an existing All Pro Football 2K8 save structure on it (particularly an existing saved season file ... this is just so you can determine where to copy to from your PC)
  • Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 (download link from Microsoft is here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...displaylang=en)
Here's a walkthrough TO UPLOAD:
  1. Save your season file to the USB stick. I happen to be partial to one custom team per season file, so in this case sharing all 32 NFL teams would require 32 separate season files. At 2.75MB each, this is not a big deal.
  2. Connect the USB stick to your PC
  3. Open Usb Xtaf Gui
  4. Select "File" > "Open Drive"
  5. Expand the folder structure as follows:
  6. Drag the season file(s) -- the .FXG files seen above -- onto either the desktop or another local folder.
  7. Upload to a file sharing platform (I like MediaFire because it's free, albeit with annoying ads on the download pages; for a cleaner but slightly more advanced solution, I really like http://aws.amazon.com/s3/?tag=operasport-20) and then post the sharing link to the thread.
  8. Here's an example with a 2010 Dolphins season file I made:
    http://s3.amazonaws.com/MSM/All-Pro%...20Dolphins.FXG (Amazon S3 hosting; should be a direct download)
And here's a walkthrough TO DOWNLOAD AND USE (I am assuming a scenario where downloaded files will be copied from a USB stick to your Xbox HDD):
  1. Download the posted season file(s)
  2. Connect your USB stick with the All Pro 2K8 file structure already in place so that you'll know where to drag and copy.
  3. Open Usb Xtaf Gui
  4. Select "File" > "Open Drive"
  5. Expand the folder structure as follows:
  6. Drag all of your downloaded .FXG files from your PC into the Usb Xtaf Gui window.
  7. Wait for the files to finish copying.
  8. Select "File" > "Close Drive"
  9. Disconnect your USB stick
  10. Reconnect the USB stick to your Xbox 360 and power it on.
  11. MAKE SURE YOU ARE LOGGED INTO THE XBOX ACCOUNT THAT YOU WANT TO USE THE SEASON FILES WITH
  12. Navigate to "My Xbox" > "System Settings" > "Memory" > your USB stick > "Games" > "All Pro Football 2K8"
  13. (Not a necessary step but it minimizes clutter once you complete the copy operation to the HDD) Delete any files inside this folder that are NOT the downloaded season files -- again, I am assuming that your master files for APF 2K8 are saved to the HDD ... please do not delete your master profile, settings, etc.
  14. Now press B to back up to the "Games" folder
  15. Highlight All Pro Football 2K8 and press Y
  16. Note the message stating that copying folders/files will now transfer them to your ownership (i.e., the ownership of whatever Xbox profile is currently logged in)
  17. Select "Copy"
  18. Select your HDD
  19. Exit these menus and launch APF 2K8
  20. Select "Season" > "Load" > "HDD" and load the downloaded season file as you normally would for one that you created yourself
  21. Be sure to then delete the roster file as many other people have already described how to do
  22. Quit out of Season mode
  23. Your downloaded team should now be ready for play
I have two Xbox's set up in my house so I was able to execute these steps and transfer a created team from one Xbox to the other (two separate Xbox LIVE accounts). The files worked and I was able to start a game and play for a few minutes. I chose to quit after the first series so I can't confirm that it works all the way through the end of a game, but it didn't freeze as long as I had it up.

If some people can test this out either with the Dolphins file I posted above or by sharing their own created teams, we can figure out if this is a process that we can all rely on to share rosters.

Thanks and please give a shout with questions or issues that come up.

elgreazy1 12-16-2010 10:20 AM

Re: Sharing rosters on Xbox 360

Seems pretty legit. Good work.

Ephs05msm 12-16-2010 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgreazy1 (Post 2041944008)
Seems pretty legit. Good work.

Awesome, thanks. Manually building teams is one of the major hurdles that keeps people from playing this game. If the folks who've already invested the time to build teams started sharing them this way it would be a huge help. Not to mention it could add consistency to leagues (e.g., an NFL league where everyone was competing with the exact same rosters).

...And this becomes all the more important if the hex editing work from the other thread results in an editor and/or fully detailed rosters.

Hopefully people will start uploading and posting .FXG files somewhere in this forum soon. I'll put some more of mine up but I've only got a handful of NFL teams at this point.

DavonBrown 12-16-2010 10:58 AM

I'll definitely have my NFL teams posted within the next two weeks.

Ephs05msm 12-16-2010 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavonBrown (Post 2041944125)
I'll definitely have my NFL teams posted within the next two weeks.

Awesome.

To consolidate all of the roster files, I started a dedicated thread in the "APF 2k8 Rosters" Folder of the forum. You can see it here:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-required.html

I put all of the teams I already made in there (which isn't that many).

jrivera34 12-18-2010 01:25 PM

Any way to do this on a Mac without installing Windows?

Ephs05msm 12-18-2010 01:37 PM

I'm no Mac expert so it's hard to say. For what it's worth, I just ran a quick Google search for "mod Xbox 360 files mac" and came back empty on apps that could do the job. Someone else in these forums may know, though.

iLLmatic 12-18-2010 03:46 PM

I know a Windows Emulator program called "Crossover" allows you to run PC related programs. Hope that helps out.