Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Analog Control? (/forums/showthread.php?t=460916)

Hova57 12-17-2010 09:02 AM

Analog Control?

After seeing the Fight Night Champion analog control video I was wondering will we see more intergration of the analog control for passing, strickly tackling and etc.

I wanted to see if some of you guys are for it or against it.

I personally would like to see the passing go more analog control especially for placement of the ball. I think they can fix the tackling also inconjunction with buttons. The buttons can be traditional form tackling where as the hit stick could be more of the diving no wrap tackles or clean up tackles . to take it a step further it could even be a strip tackle .

what do you guys think

Only1LT 12-17-2010 11:02 AM

Re: Analog Control?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hova57 (Post 2041947313)
After seeing the Fight Night Champion analog control video I was wondering will we see more intergration of the analog control for passing, strickly tackling and etc.

I personally would like to see the passing go more analog control especially for placement of the ball. I think they can fix the tackling also inconjunction with buttons. The buttons can be traditional form tackling where as the hit stick could be more of the diving no wrap tackles or clean up tackles . to take it a step further it could even be a strip tackle .

what do you guys think

Sounds like a good idea, but I'm not sure, because it's a little vague.

How exactly would the passing be analog? Are you saying pass with the Right Stick? Not sure what you mean.

The same with tackling. Not sure what exactly you want the stick and or buttons to do.

Hova57 12-17-2010 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Only1LT (Post 2041947569)
Sounds like a good idea, but I'm not sure, because it's a little vague.

How exactly would the passing be analog? Are you saying pass with the Right Stick? Not sure what you mean.

The same with tackling. Not sure what exactly you want the stick and or buttons to do.

Well for passing using the r-stick for placement putting ball on back shoulder,low or below knees,leading to sidelines. It will depend on what route is being ran. so if they are running a streak you could lead pass to outside shoulder or away from coverage. you would still use buttons.

Tackling- rightstick is still hitstick, but they way is used different so offcourse up and down hit high or low no wrap left or right tackle with strip or hold up player. this would be more should tackles
Buttons would be form tackle or wrap tackle could also hold up player, but intent is to bring down ball runner. the animation you could see player slip down and grab ankles or legs. it also opens up for head on ball fumbles.

Only1LT 12-17-2010 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hova57 (Post 2041947848)
Well for passing using the r-stick for placement putting ball on back shoulder,low or below knees,leading to sidelines. It will depend on what route is being ran. so if they are running a streak you could lead pass to outside shoulder or away from coverage. you would still use buttons.

Tackling- rightstick is still hitstick, but they way is used different so offcourse up and down hit high or low no wrap left or right tackle with strip or hold up player. this would be more should tackles
Buttons would be form tackle or wrap tackle could also hold up player, but intent is to bring down ball runner. the animation you could see player slip down and grab ankles or legs. it also opens up for head on ball fumbles.

How would that differ from what we have? Would there be a visual indication to show how far you are leading? A vibration indication? Still a little fuzzy on this.

On D, how would the hit stick be diff? Are you saying the more you push the stick the harder the attempted hit? Are you saying the button tackles would be analog depending on how hard you press? Fuzzy on this too.

TNT713 12-17-2010 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hova57 (Post 2041947313)

what do you guys think

I like this and hate this... Here's why.

Depending on your system, analog control for trajectory and velocity are already factored into the passing interface on PS3 (not sure if 360 has analog icon buttons). Also, pass leads are analog-ish.

Pressure and the time on the button affects speed and trajectory. With some practice you can throw a bullet with arc by pressing the button softly to get arc while holding it to get velocity.

For the stick I think there are 3-ranges of sensitivity that can be expanded to full analog for leading passes with the stick to provide more precise placement of passes.

I'm not a fan of using the right stick to throw. Not on Madden anyway. IMO, that's feels better when used for evading defenders as a twitch reflex because it keeps my hands on the buttons until I need to shake off someone... I can't throw and shake at the same time unless I throw to L1 (I'm sure that bothers Steeler fans).

Later

Hova57 12-17-2010 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Only1LT (Post 2041948193)
How would that differ from what we have? Would there be a visual indication to show how far you are leading? A vibration indication? Still a little fuzzy on this.

On D, how would the hit stick be diff? Are you saying the more you push the stick the harder the attempted hit? Are you saying the button tackles would be analog depending on how hard you press? Fuzzy on this too.

it would be actual placement along with the added touch. As we stand now technically you can really lob and and bullet pass. there isnt a happy medium for that which in most cases especially throwing over a zone into a hole you don't have. so the button would still give you the option of lob or bullet, but the left stick would actually help with the trajectory and placement. so down-right would be a catch below the needs but leading to the right vs. down would just be below knees or waist.

I'm changing the way its used all together right now up or down is all we have high and low. The right stick will still be hitstick, but more defined. so up and down will still be hitstick , but only shoulder tackles w/no wrap. it being analog you could hit stick down right or left and you would be able to place shoulder or head on the ball on that side instead of a overall collison which we have now.

the tackle button is now the tackle wrap button where you would form tackle the ball carrier. like i said you could have animations where the ball carrier could be holding on to a leg or ankle hit the waist and fall to the feet and make the tackle.

Hova57 12-17-2010 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNT713 (Post 2041948216)

Depending on your system, analog control for trajectory and velocity are already factored into the passing interface on PS3 (not sure if 360 has analog icon buttons). Also, pass leads are analog-ish.

Pressure and the time on the button affects speed and trajectory. With some practice you can throw a bullet with arc by pressing the button softly to get arc while holding it to get velocity.

For the stick I think there are 3-ranges of sensitivity that can be expanded to full analog for leading passes with the stick to provide more precise placement of passes.

I'm not a fan of using the right stick to throw. Not on Madden anyway. IMO, that's feels better when used for evading defenders as a twitch reflex because it keeps my hands on the buttons until I need to shake off someone... I can't throw and shake at the same time unless I throw to L1 (I'm sure that bothers Steeler fans).

Later

you would use the left stick like we do now its just more defined.

Only1LT 12-17-2010 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNT713 (Post 2041948216)

Later

I'm almost positive that I read that the 360 controller doesn't have analog buttons. In any event, this does work on the PS3, but not nearly well enough.

When I heard that you could do this, I tried it out and got good at it, but it still doesn't provide results anywhere near what you can do on 2K, in terms of passing with both arc and velocity.

It is almost night and day.