Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Electronic Arts Planning Madden Curse: The Movie (/forums/showthread.php?t=461399)

Steve_OS 12-20-2010 08:16 PM

Electronic Arts Planning Madden Curse: The Movie

According to The Wrap, EA is planning a Madden Curse movie. You can't make this stuff up.

Quote:

"What started as a simple joke may now become a motion picture.

Electronic Arts is developing "Madden Curse," a sports comedy that incorporates the infamous jinx, believed to strike NFL players who appear on the cover of EA's popular "Madden" video game with injury or poor performance.

The story will follow a former Madden video game champion who is forced out of retirement just as he finds himself on the corner of the game's cover -- and subject to the curse.

Pat O'Brien, VP of EA Entertainment, is spearheading the project as one of its producers.

O'Brien wasn't immediately available for comment on Monday, but an individual at Electronic Arts confirmed that the company is developing a movie about the so-called curse.

In 2007, EA Sports' director of marketing Chris Erb told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, "I don't know that we believe in the curse. The players don't believe in the curse."

Source - Pasta Padre

rangerrick012 12-20-2010 08:30 PM

As a documentary this would actually be interesting. As a 'sports comedy'? I'll pass.

Palo20 12-20-2010 09:24 PM

Re: Electronic Arts Planning Madden Curse: The Movie

Hopefully they add a play creator first

davidd 12-20-2010 09:27 PM

as a documentary I'm all for it infact I will go on record right now as saying that I would pay money to see it if it were a documentary.

...but if they decide to go the actual movie crappy comedy with an actual storyline and real actors route i'll pass.

Shinyhubcaps 12-20-2010 09:27 PM

The premise sounds funny, to be honest. However, there is no denying the actual misfortunes of a lot of the cover athletes, so I agree that a documentary would have been great.

moylan1234 12-20-2010 09:36 PM

can't wait to do anything besides watch this train wreck

PVarck31 12-21-2010 12:01 AM

I would rather sew my head to the carpet.

Seriously though, this sounds so off the wall that you would think it can't be true.

NYJin2009tm 12-21-2010 12:06 AM

Sorry but this just sounds plain silly and stupid lol.