Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Supersim and accelerated clock run-off (/forums/showthread.php?t=461874)

brahmagoul 12-23-2010 10:59 PM

Supersim and accelerated clock run-off

Hey, just wanted to throw this out there if anyone didn't know. When you have accelerated clock run-off on, and therefor probably longer quarters, it makes for more plays during supersim.

I'm sure many of you knew this, but wanted to throw it out there for anyone -- like me -- who was wondering why games are always so high scoring when supersimming through parts of it.

For example, I turned the accelerated clock off and went to eight-minute quarters. Now, if I want to sim ahead to the fourth quarter of a given game, the score and stats are much closer to realistic ones.

footballfan4life 12-23-2010 11:13 PM

Re: Supersim and accelerated clock run-off

what exactly is clock run off? ive wondered for a while

brahmagoul 12-23-2010 11:20 PM

It will set the clock to run off about 15 or 25 seconds (depending on what you set it at) before stepping up to the line of scrimmage. Think of it as a way to have 15-minute quarters like a real game, but it doesn't have to take as long.

I just noticed that accelerated run-off is ignored when supersimming. So, in a minute, six plays might be run instead of two or three.

RavensFan2k3 12-23-2010 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brahmagoul (Post 2041968563)
It will set the clock to run off about 15 or 25 seconds (depending on what you set it at) before stepping up to the line of scrimmage. Think of it as a way to have 15-minute quarters like a real game, but it doesn't have to take as long.

I just noticed that accelerated run-off is ignored when supersimming. So, in a minute, six plays might be run instead of two or three.

Which is useful not just because it doesnt take as long because the CPU hikes the ball right when they get to the line.