Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Non Strategy Pad Controls? (/forums/showthread.php?t=461920)

JMD 12-24-2010 09:50 AM

Non Strategy Pad Controls?

I thought Madden 11 was patched so we could make pre snap adjustments the old way without using the strategy pad, am I wrong? Because the old way does not work for me.

Keenan G. 12-24-2010 10:48 AM

Re: Non Strategy Pad Controls?

You have to go to options and change it to the old way. I believe it is game options. I would know for sure but. I am stuck at work.

RavensFan2k3 12-24-2010 02:22 PM

Does this effect audibles too? I miss being able to make audibles within a formation, and formation shifts, and not making my audible selection visible.

TNT713 12-24-2010 03:02 PM

Go into My Madden - Game options. Scroll down to "Strategy Pad Quick Links" and make sure it's ON.

The strategy pad still works. But you still have to use the D-Pad to make changes.

Later

JMD 12-26-2010 08:58 PM

The only thing that is working for me as far as Madden 10 controls is the hot routes, everything else still has to be done with the Strategy Pad. I thought EA was going to give us the complete Madden 10 control scheme.

TNT713 12-27-2010 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMD (Post 2041974341)
The only thing that is working for me as far as Madden 10 controls is the hot routes, everything else still has to be done with the Strategy Pad. I thought EA was going to give us the complete Madden 10 control scheme.

They have... The shoulder buttons on defense still work L1/LB is for defensive linemen. R1/R2 is for the linebackers. Triangle/Y is for coverage.

The only difference, and you will notice it more on 360, is that the left stick does NOTHING after you press the shoulder buttons. It's all D-Pad (aka Strategy Pad) shifts and Right stick assignment changes.

Since I play on PS3, I've been using the D-Pad for hot routes for a long time. Although it took about 15 games to remember that the left stick doesn't shift players it finally sunk in.

Hope this helps...

Later

JMD 12-28-2010 07:41 AM

That does help TNT, thanks.