Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Help with playing a friend online (/forums/showthread.php?t=462425)

virgil 12-28-2010 06:32 AM

Help with playing a friend online

I'm trying to play some games against my friend who lives out of state and have run into a few problems. First off, the games were laggy but installing the game to our harddrives seemed to make a big difference.

Now, we want to be able to play with custom rosters. Does anyone know how you can do this? I would like to be able to either draft our own teams online together, or do it independently and then load the teams when we play. Is this even possible?

Lastly, maybe i'm just horrible at this, but I had always had problems booting 50+ yard field goals. Yet when I play people online, even in somewhat laggy games, people are booting 55+ field goals against me with ease. Am I missing something?

ODogg 12-29-2010 10:46 AM

Re: Help with playing a friend online

You have to use the official rosters online, can't use custom rosters. As for the FG, it probably just depends on who the kicker is more than your skill level or any certain "trick"..

virgil 12-29-2010 02:03 PM

Are you sure? I've seen many people say that you can do this in a custom game, but haven't seen how.

PGaither84 12-29-2010 05:29 PM

All I know is that when I create a non-ranked game, the "checking rosters" prompt does not come up.