Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Changing sliders once the league becomes saturated with... (/forums/showthread.php?t=462469)

TheCreep 12-28-2010 03:19 PM

Changing sliders once the league becomes saturated with...

I'm curious. Did anyone else have to make slider adjustments once the league became saturated with Madden pre created/NCAA draft classes?

Think I might have to make some changes because things are getting very easy as of late. I have CPU QB acc at 20, which made for good games previously. Now that some teams have new QBs rated in the 70s they are just HORRIBLE.

I'm having trouble figuring out whats going on. Example, the Vikings are rated 88 overall vs my Browns who are rated 85. In previous years an 88 vs 85 was a tough match with original players. Now, there are more Precreated/NCAA players on the squad (still rated 88 mind you) but the vikings are now TRASH.

Oh, and they still have A Peterson and P Harvin along with some good original defensive players.

What gives? Its like the pre created madden classes/NCAA draft classes somehow destroyed the team. I mean, they're still rated high, so how am I steamrolling em like this, weird.

I'm in my fourth season by the way. So I wanted to try something, I switched my controller to the vikings and DEMOLISHED the browns. I was beating the vikings anyway, but when I switched I destroyed the browns in a much easier manner than the opposite ya know. Suggestions?

Giants4Natic 12-28-2010 03:23 PM

Re: Changing sliders once the league becomes saturated with...

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCreep (Post 2041979114)
I'm curious. Did anyone else have to make slider adjustments once the league became saturated with Madden pre created/NCAA draft classes?

Think I might have to make some changes because things are getting very easy as of late. I have CPU QB acc at 20, which made for good games previously. Now that some teams have new QBs rated in the 70s they are just HORRIBLE.

I'm having trouble figuring out whats going on. Example, the Vikings are rated 88 overall vs my Browns who are rated 85. In previous years an 88 vs 85 was a tough match with original players. Now, there are more Precreated/NCAA players on the squad (still rated 88 mind you) but the vikings are now TRASH.

Oh, and they still have A Peterson and P Harvin along with some good original defensive players.

What gives? Its like the pre created madden classes/NCAA draft classes somehow destroyed the team. I mean, they're still rated high, so how am I steamrolling em like this, weird.

Am not sure why you have qb accuracy so low. That would make this game extremely easy. You are severly handicapping the cpu by doing that. I am surprised that the cpu would ever put up any offense with that setting.

TheCreep 12-29-2010 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giants4Natic (Post 2041979124)
Am not sure why you have qb accuracy so low. That would make this game extremely easy. You are severly handicapping the cpu by doing that. I am surprised that the cpu would ever put up any offense with that setting.

CPU QBs actually did pretty well with that setting. The original real life starting QBs that is. I guess 20 is too low for Madden generated/NCAA draft QBs. Think I'll start raising the slider in increments of 5 until I get what I need. Hopefully, I wont have to go past 35-40 range.

Giants4Natic 12-29-2010 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCreep (Post 2041981159)
CPU QBs actually did pretty well with that setting. The original real life starting QBs that is. I guess 20 is too low for Madden generated/NCAA draft QBs. Think I'll start raising the slider in increments of 5 until I get what I need. Hopefully, I wont have to go past 35-40 range.

I have mine at 52 anything below that makes the cpu useless for the most part. Easier to pick off and constant overthrows on easy passes.

And that is for good qb's. A bad or average qb with anything less then 50 is like having a qb throw with the wrong hand.

TheCreep 12-29-2010 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giants4Natic (Post 2041981259)
I have mine at 52 anything below that makes the cpu useless for the most part. Easier to pick off and constant overthrows on easy passes.

And that is for good qb's. A bad or average qb with anything less then 50 is like having a qb throw with the wrong hand.

Most definitely agree with that last sentence lol.