Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Special Teams (/forums/showthread.php?t=462619)

IDaCoolGuy 12-29-2010 02:30 PM

Special Teams

Two questions for people out there regarding special teams:

1) Has anyone successfully recovered an onside kick and if so, how? I cannot come even remotely close to recovering one. It's gotten to the point that I supersim onside kick situations just to give myself a chance.

2) Do you find the new kicking meter to be too easy? My career % with Connor Barth (Tampa Bay rated around 70 I believe) is close to 95% in two seasons. I can't lower the FG accuracy slider any lower than 25 because than the computer becomes a sporadic mess.

Any insight or help would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

DiSaStAx94 12-29-2010 05:35 PM

Re: Special Teams

I've recovered a few onside kicks, I usually try to hit the power around 2/5 of the way up the bar and pray. I don't think it's possible to recover an onside kick without the other team failing to recover it first. With that much power I usually kick it right to the second guy from the middle of the field in the onside kick recovery formation. If he catches it, they recover. If it bounces off him, you have a shot at it around the 37-38 yard line.

JaymeeAwesome 12-29-2010 06:54 PM

Lower the fg slider to what you want and supersim their field goals. I think that will work

Cpre5 12-29-2010 07:08 PM

Re: Special Teams

The best way for onside kicks, and this is also how I beat the Madden moments is to just hit the kick button once. The meter will come back and land on 25% power on it's own, and then go full left for direction.