Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   CPU Defense run stopping problem (/forums/showthread.php?t=462721)

Texans989 12-30-2010 12:57 AM

CPU Defense run stopping problem

how do i get the cpu to not line up in a dime formation when i line up in an I-Formation? is there a way possible to do this because this is currently the only thing that is constantly bugging me with this game... 75 percent of the time it is ok but every once in a while it puts in a dime formation or even just nickel bothers me... and ik it isn't fatigue because its done it at the beginning of games..

khaliib 12-30-2010 01:35 AM

Re: CPU Defense run stopping problem

Make a defensive gameplan to fit the main personel that teams run:
3-4
4-3

Texans989 12-30-2010 02:19 AM

and the cpu will follow this? i thought gameplans were just for the human...

khaliib 12-30-2010 01:30 PM

When you go into a teams gameplan, you will see why their playcalling is so jacked up. The Gameplans for these teams are so off.

Ex.
The bears are a Power Run team with a weak WR core, yet most of their 1st/2nd down plays called are out of shotgun.

Shotgun is a formation that is overused throughout the game. Seems like every team is trying to be the old Houston Oilers.

Create Off and Def gameplans that fit those teams make-up, then at the team select, go into settings (X button on 360) select the teams plan, then ***back out (B button on 360).
Go select your team and play.

This causes the team to call plays from the selection of the plan. Whether they follow the plan in detail, I couldn't say. But at least the Bears will come out in more Power formations vs the Shotgun.

Texans989 12-30-2010 03:20 PM

ok i will try this, thanks alot

RavensFan2k3 12-30-2010 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khaliib (Post 2041985387)
When you go into a teams gameplan, you will see why their playcalling is so jacked up. The Gameplans for these teams are so off.

Ex.
The bears are a Power Run team with a weak WR core, yet most of their 1st/2nd down plays called are out of shotgun.

Shotgun is a formation that is overused throughout the game. Seems like every team is trying to be the old Houston Oilers.

Create Off and Def gameplans that fit those teams make-up, then at the team select, go into settings (X button on 360) select the teams plan, then ***back out (B button on 360).
Go select your team and play.

This causes the team to call plays from the selection of the plan. Whether they follow the plan in detail, I couldn't say. But at least the Bears will come out in more Power formations vs the Shotgun.

Is this something thats done in franchise mode? I'd have to control all 32 teams and create gameplans for all the teams?

khaliib 12-30-2010 10:48 PM

Unfortunately yes, if you want each team to be in line with their real character.

The other issue is one must be done for the O and D.
But it actually is not that bad to me.

To add some extra replay value, I attach playbooks to O/D Coordinators.
I making smaller generic plans for those newbie coordinators (this includes me hiring one of these guys also)
And as they change teams, the playbooks/style goes with them.

You can create as many as you want.
It might be time consuming, but it adds value to the coaching carousel.

PantherBeast_OS 12-31-2010 01:00 AM

That's problem with AI right now. It's doesn't call good defense most of the time. That's where Ian and his crew really needs to work on AI this coming year to help it out alot more. The AI needs alot of work to help in it's play calling.