Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Are Salaries Actual NFL Salaries? (/forums/showthread.php?t=462918)

jbnve9 12-31-2010 02:57 PM

Are Salaries Actual NFL Salaries?

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if the initial salaries/contracts in Madden 11 are based on the players' actual NFL contracts for this season? Was that also true of past versions of Madden as well? Thanks in advance...

RavensFan2k3 12-31-2010 03:52 PM

Re: Are Salaries Actual NFL Salaries?

Yes, its true in this years version and past versions aswell.

KANE699 12-31-2010 04:10 PM

No, they are not all perfect, a lot are right some are close, and some are wrong, not every NFL players contract info is out there to properly reflect it in game.

RavensFan2k3 12-31-2010 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KANE699 (Post 2041988531)
No, they are not all perfect, a lot are right some are close, and some are wrong, not every NFL players contract info is out there to properly reflect it in game.

This is true. What I meant was the numbers arent just made up, they are as close as possible to real life, if not the exact numbers.

adembroski 12-31-2010 09:00 PM

The NFL's actual salaries are confidential. They're only known publicly, or even by EA, if the player, agent, or team disclose the terms of the agreement, and even in that case, the details are rarely available. Cap figures are generally available, but that doesn't give one a precise look at salary vs. bonuses.

Ultimately, all that can be done is to make a rough estimate.

mestevo 01-01-2011 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adembroski (Post 2041989185)
The NFL's actual salaries are confidential. They're only known publicly, or even by EA, if the player, agent, or team disclose the terms of the agreement, and even in that case, the details are rarely available. Cap figures are generally available, but that doesn't give one a precise look at salary vs. bonuses.

Ultimately, all that can be done is to make a rough estimate.

First I've heard of that, unless they are universally leaked I am pretty sure this information is freely available to media and other relevant individuals in some form. There are sites like this though it's only updated annually - http://content.usatoday.com/sports/f...s/default.aspx

I forget where you can see the current deals, NFLPA or some site used to have them all.

Compensation and bonus structures can be complex, so they're not 100% accurate in Madden, that's for sure. Would be awesome to be able to do incentive-laden contracts.

kmart2180 01-01-2011 10:19 AM

It really doesnt matter anyways cause the cap is broken in Madden. You can resign your entire team without a dent caused in your cap space. Something Im praying gets fixed in the next 5 years (being realistic lol).

Clutch masta 01-01-2011 10:36 AM

how do you calculate cap room?