Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Salary cap problems (/forums/showthread.php?t=463087)

untrugby 01-01-2011 10:01 PM

Salary cap problems

i just hit a wall in my franchise year 12 i had about 5 mil in cap space and i knew i was going to be over a bit the next year but the next resigning phase came up and im a whopping 189 mil over the cap, i did some messing around and got to just 59 mil over the cap but the problem is my salaries dont add up. I have 157 mil in cap hits and no penalties but it shows my team salary at 309 mil. Whats causing this and how can i fix my franchise?

PantherBeast_OS 01-02-2011 12:49 AM

Re: Salary cap problems

To me it sounds like your problem is you have way to many guys with hugh contracts on your team. You really have to becareful when resigning your players and FAs and all. Sometime it's hard to choice to sign one big star player on your team and let the other go. But way to solve your problem is start trading alot of the hugh contract guys to other teams for players with alot smaller contracts and some drafts picks along with it. Stay away from signing all big name players on your team. Mix it up with low key guys and big star players to keep the cap balance. See instead of me going out and getting high price WRs. I have develope David Gettis on my team as my main go to guy and he is doing great. He is currently a 76 overall and I resigned him to a 7 year contract for about 19 million and 3 million signing bonus. You have to be smart about when and who sign and all that.

untrugby 01-02-2011 01:27 AM

Re: Salary cap problems

i understand that but my cap hit column doesnt add up to my total salary its off by almost 150 mil and i have no cap penalties. even if i dumped all of my guys and signed minimum contract guys i still might not be able to get under the cap