Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Madden used (/forums/showthread.php?t=463389)

ImxNikx 01-03-2011 11:08 PM

Madden used

If you buy madden used do you have to pay 10 dollar fee for just roster updates

RedZoneD25 01-03-2011 11:37 PM

Re: Madden used

I believe so. Patches no, rosters yes.

However you do get a free seven day trial, and considering there is only one more roster update left you might as well either get it next month for the last update after the SB or get it now and use the end of season rosters.

Iceman87GT 01-04-2011 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WTFitsDaveyJ (Post 2041998643)
I believe so. Patches no, rosters yes.

However you do get a free seven day trial, and considering there is only one more roster update left you might as well either get it next month for the last update after the SB or get it now and use the end of season rosters.

Keep in mind though Players are missing from the current rosters, a lot of players that go on the IR eventually disappear "to save space", I believe it has something to do with the fact that each roster only has so much space, so players who are placed on IR and then replaced on the 53 man roster in real life get removed from the game. The final roster update will return the players to their teams and clear their statuses.

So if you have any favorites who were suspended for the year, or placed on the IR near the beginning of the season you're gonna wanna wait until the final update is put out to redeem your free trial.

Keenan G. 01-04-2011 12:25 PM

Yup. Sucks doesnt it?

kpkpkp 01-04-2011 12:34 PM

Yup I bought it used for $10, and had to pay another $10 for the fee.

But it was still cheaper than getting it new.... ($50 at the time.)

But as another poster said, you get a 7 day trial period... so just use that to download what will likely be the last roster. (If you want to play on-line rank matches you'll need to pay the $10 regardless.)

MADDENites 01-04-2011 06:39 PM

I have done the same, kind of ridiculous if you ask me but w/e