Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   FistofRage's All Madden Custom Sliders (/forums/showthread.php?t=463433)

fistofrage 01-04-2011 10:19 AM

FistofRage's All Madden Custom Sliders

Thanks to Jarrod21 for answering a few questions, I have made some All-Madden Custom Sliders that Keep all Human categories to a total of 75.

First of all, House Rules I play with.

1. Start every play on defense as DT, No user Int, only switch players once ball carrier is 5 yards past line of scrimmage or pass has been completed.
2. No 5 WR sets.
3. No throwing going routes to an interior WR on 4WR sets.
4. No audibling from a run to a pass play or vice versa.
5. No user catch.
6. No moving the kicking arrow on FG's. Have to slice it or hook it in if on the hash.

GAME OPTIONS
Quarter length: 11
Play clock: On
Accel clock runoff: 15 seconds
Injuries: 75
Fatigue: 60
Game speed: Normal
Player min speed thresh: 50
Camera angle: Wide
Fight For the Fumble: Off

PENALTIES(Not real important except for false start, holding, facemask, Clippiong):
Offside 95
False Start 55
Holding 58
Facemask 53
Def PI 75
Off PI 50
KR/PR Int 50
Clipping 53
Int Grounding 50
Rough Passer 50
Rough Kicker 50

PLAYER SKILL
Passing:
QB Accuracy: 25
Pass Blocking: 5
WR Catching: 45

Rushing:
Broken Tackles 25
Run Blocking 25
Fumbles 25

Pass Defense:
Reaction Time 30
Interceptions 34
Pass Rushing 10

Rush Defense:
Reaction Time 20
Block Shedding 5
Tackling 50

CPU SKILL
Passing:
QB Accuracy 50
Pass Blocking 0
WR Catching 40

Rushing:
Broken Tackles 85
Run Blocking 60
Fumbles 50

Pass Defense:
Reaction Time 70
Interceptions 51
Pass Rushing 55

Rush Defense:
Reaction Time 50
Block Shedding 50
Tackling 50

SPECIAL TEAMS
FG Power 50
FG Accuracy 50
Punt Power 50
Punt Accuracy 50
Kickoff Power 50

These are pretty much final, but any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks.

Jarodd21 01-04-2011 10:34 AM

Re: FistofRage's All Madden Custom Sliders

Looks good.. Raising the CPUs Rush Reaction time might cut down the consitent big plays your talking bout from fast elite backs.. Thats my main reason for having my reaction on 100.. Also dropping the USER runblocking down might help that too. Raise USER breaktackles up the same amount you drop your runblocking but you would have to definitely move the CPUs tackling up if you do that.. I have my USER runblocking at 0 and my CPU blockshedding at 0 and it works pretty good since there on an even ground..

But overall looks like a challenge.. You will eventually get them to where you want them.. Just keep testing them on a regular..

fistofrage 01-04-2011 03:58 PM

I am going to try to run some more pounding backs tonight and see what results I get. Peterson and McFadden may be the exceptions to the rule.

Its definitely difficult to run inside. But I am trying to make this risk/reward to go outside the tackles, and it is for the most part, problem is, there may be too much reward. Lat night, I was playing a game against the seahawks with the Vikings. Game was tied at 21 in the 4th quarter, Peterson had 19 carries for 68 yards until boom, 76 yard TD run and then he iced the game with a 43 yard TD run. Not unrealistic, but I don't want this happening all the time. He gets the edge though and it could be lights out on any play. I need to make it just a little harder to get the edge without killing the inside game.

I also played a half with Forte and he couldn't get anything going, so it may be hard to balance the game completely.

Jarodd21 01-04-2011 06:09 PM

Yea thats true.. Those are homerun backs..

BlackBetty15 01-04-2011 06:20 PM

I have found that with User run block and pass block at 0 it makes the player ratings matter a heck of lot more. It it tough to balance though. Good luck.

fistofrage 01-05-2011 09:50 AM

Alright, I am man enough to admit it, my original sliders favored the AI a little too much and their stats were getting a bit out of hand.

The Human sliders are pretty close. I have cut down the long human runs. Although some RB's will sometimes go a bit crazy, but its a game. Pittsburgh held AP to 47 yards last night in a game on 18 carries. Some games will be a chore to get 100 yards, other games, you'll get near 200.

Jarodd21 01-05-2011 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fistofrage (Post 2042002662)
Alright, I am man enough to admit it, my original sliders favored the AI a little too much and their stats were getting a bit out of hand.

The Human sliders are pretty close. I have cut down the long human runs. Although some RB's will sometimes go a bit crazy, but its a game. Pittsburgh held AP to 47 yards last night in a game on 18 carries. Some games will be a chore to get 100 yards, other games, you'll get near 200.

Well that sounds better.. What tweaks did you make?

fistofrage 01-06-2011 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarodd21 (Post 2042005023)
Well that sounds better.. What tweaks did you make?

I updated them on the first post.

I am having a brutal time getting any pressure or defending the pass. Any suggestions?