Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   All Pro Football 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Edited generics have unchangeable announcer names? (/forums/showthread.php?t=463520)

jyoung 01-04-2011 07:42 PM

Edited generics have unchangeable announcer names?

One thing I've noticed while editing generic players is that even if you change their last name on the edit player screen, it still reverts back to the original generic's last name when the announcers are talking in game.

Has anyone figured out a solution where edited generics have their edited name announced on the field instead of the original generic name?

rickmitchell22 01-05-2011 02:15 PM

Re: Edited generics have unchangeable announcer names?

Quote:

Originally Posted by wEEman33 (Post 2042001041)
One thing I've noticed while editing generic players is that even if you change their last name on the edit player screen, it still reverts back to the original generic's last name when the announcers are talking in game.

Has anyone figured out a solution where edited generics have their edited name announced on the field instead of the original generic name?

There is a way, but it hasn't been found yet. Its similar to NFL 2k5 though, there is a names bank that we'd be able to select from once it gets figured out

jyoung 01-05-2011 02:27 PM

Re: Edited generics have unchangeable announcer names?

Awesome!

This is the one thing that's bugging me most right now.

I like to play with announcers on and it sucks seeing "Burleson" on the screen but hearing "Hurd" every time he touches the ball.

If anyone figures it out, definitely post something here in the thread.