Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Is there a way to get rid of the strat pad and use NCAA's control scheme? (/forums/showthread.php?t=463577)

fistofrage 01-05-2011 11:17 AM

Is there a way to get rid of the strat pad and use NCAA's control scheme?

The strat pad seems clunky to me. In NCAA it was much easier and quicker to call up the manual blitzes, line shifts, etc. Is there any way to use that control scheme instead of the strat pad?

ryan36 01-05-2011 11:33 AM

Re: Is there a way to get rid of the strat pad and use NCAA's control scheme?

Classic controls were patched in,and are much better, but it seems you still have to use the d-pad instead of the L-stick in some instances.

fistofrage 01-05-2011 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan36 (Post 2042002879)
Classic controls were patched in,and are much better, but it seems you still have to use the d-pad instead of the L-stick in some instances.

How do I access that? Specifically, like line shifts is so much easier in NCAA. Also Hot routing a player to blitz was easier in NCAA, "A" right stick down.

I don't have nearly enough time with the clunky D-pad to do what I want.

ryan36 01-05-2011 11:47 AM

If your console is online , and you've got patch 1.05 it's like "pre play shortcuts" or something I really don't remember the option. someone here knows

fistofrage 01-05-2011 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan36 (Post 2042002903)
If your console is online , and you've got patch 1.05 it's like "pre play shortcuts" or something I really don't remember the option. someone here knows

Pre-play shortcuts in the Options screen? I will have to look at that when I get home.

kpkpkp 01-05-2011 12:13 PM

From the main menu its under >My Madden>settings >game options.

There is a line that says "preplay shortcuts", and in the description it says to use controls in a "scheme like Madden10."

Turn this option to ON.

fistofrage 01-05-2011 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpkpkp (Post 2042002980)
From the main menu its under >My Madden>settings >game options.

There is a line that says "preplay shortcuts", and in the description it says to use controls in a "scheme like Madden10."

Turn this option to ON.

Thanks, I think I have that on and its still clunky. I think you still have to use the strat pad instead of bumpers.

TNT713 01-05-2011 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fistofrage (Post 2042003123)
Thanks, I think I have that on and its still clunky. I think you still have to use the strat pad instead of bumpers.

It's clunky at first, even after the bumpers are active, because we used to be able to adjust without letting go of the left stick. Now the left stick does nothing. It takes some getting used to.

Think of it as using the Strat Pad for shifts, the Right stick for assignments. But you use the bumpers just like in the old days. :D

Later