Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   All Pro Football 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Editing All-Pro Football 2K8 for Dummies (/forums/showthread.php?t=463761)

RaychelSnr 01-06-2011 04:56 PM

Editing All-Pro Football 2K8 for Dummies

*Note - The following guide refers to the Xbox 360 version of All-Pro Football 2K8. Due to Sony's file encryption, the PS3 version can't be edited at this time.

Tools Needed

http://www.amazon.com/USB-Flash-Driv...=operasport-20 - For transferring All Pro Football 2K8 roster files between your PC and Xbox 360.

USBXTAFGUI - Used for reading your USB flash drive after it's been formatted for Xbox 360 use.

HxD Hex Editor - For viewing and editing the All Pro Football 2K8 roster file.

Hexadecimal to Decimal convertor - Useful for understanding hexadecimal code in the All Pro Football 2K8 roster file.

Modio - Used to rehash and resign your roster file after you make edits.

Formatting Your USB Device

First, you will need to format your USB flash drive for Xbox 360 use. Please note that reformatting the flash drive will erase whatever data is on the memory stick, so backup any important files before reformatting.

Read More - Editing All Pro Football 2K8 for Dummies

theDude47 01-06-2011 05:24 PM

When you want to add two abilities together that are in the same slot, first convert them to decimal from hexadecimal and then add them together. From there, you can then convert that number back into hexadecimal form. For example, Rocket Arm (04) and Laser Arm (08) added together equal 12 in decimal form but it should then be converted to hex which is 0C, this is the number you will put in that space. It helps when dealing with large values.

SportsGuy53 01-06-2011 05:59 PM

Re: Editing All-Pro Football 2K8 for Dummies

Thanks, this is Great, but I need to ask.. Any timeframe on the editor?

jyoung 01-06-2011 06:32 PM

Valdarez is the guy working on a PC editor.

He was banned from this site for whatever reason, but you can reach him on the official 2K forums or on 2Kfootballstrategy:

http://2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278120

http://www.2kfootballstrategy.com/mo...&p=46611#46611

Pacman83 01-06-2011 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theDude47 (Post 2042006955)
When you want to add two abilities together that are in the same slot, first convert them to decimal from hexadecimal and then add them together. From there, you can then convert that number back into hexadecimal form. For example, Rocket Arm (04) and Laser Arm (08) added together equal 12 in decimal form but it should then be converted to hex which is 0C, this is the number you will put in that space. It helps when dealing with large values.

You're assuming that I (we) read this sub-forum daily....what i mean is...please explain or direct me to an explanation. I dunno what that means. Thanks.

(The other thread is pretty long.)

Edit: Thanks for breaking down the process, MSChrisS

Edit Again: Figured out what you said...kinda..thanks

jyoung 01-06-2011 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theDude47 (Post 2042006955)

Can you not just enter the decimal number as is?

I have done this with some of the linemen attributes that occupy the same slot, and they show up in-game fine.

For example, I have Lions center Dominic Raiola with:

Quote:

Stonewall - 3rd slot / 20
Bulldozer - 3rd slot / 01
Brickwall - 3rd slot / 02
I entered "23" (20 + 01 + 02) into my 3rd ability slot and all three attributes show up fine when I load the roster in-game.

I think the game can read it either way.

theDude47 01-06-2011 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wEEman33 (Post 2042007422)
Can you not just enter the decimal number as is?

I have done this with some of the linemen attributes that occupy the same slot, and they show up in-game fine.

For example, I have Lions center Dominic Raiola with:

I entered "23" (20 + 01 + 02) into my 3rd ability slot and all three attributes show up fine when I load the roster in-game.

I think the game can read it either way.

It works for small values but once you start getting into triple digits, you'll run into problems. I just find it easier to do it for all of them so I don't mess up something. It's just my personal preference. If it works for you, keep doing it.

jyoung 01-06-2011 08:34 PM

Good to know. The highest value I've gotten in one ability slot was in the 80s, but I can see how you would have to convert it to hex code is the value ended in the triple digits.