Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   No Huddle Offense needs to be quicker (/forums/showthread.php?t=464431)

MrSkagTrendy 01-11-2011 11:14 AM

No Huddle Offense needs to be quicker

It's dawned on me that there's an issue, several issues with no huddle..especially within the 2 minute warnings. It actually takes longer to hurry your guys back to the line, wait for them to set up, then for your QB to stomp his foot, THEN snap the ball.

Inside the 2 minute warning, there is no accelerated clock, and it is much quicker to open up your play call and pick a new play..bam, 2 seconds gone and your guys are miraculously 50 yards down the field. If you were to run no huddle, you'd have to sit and watch them jog up the field, then wait for them to get set. The QB also needs to be able to snap the ball more quickly - there's nothing more annoying then if you've got 1 second left, and you're at the line, but it doesn't let you snap it before the time's run out.

Just my thoughts.

davjaffe 01-11-2011 11:27 AM

Re: No Huddle Offense needs to be quicker

Completely agree - the offense takes it sweet time getting to the line in hurry-up. I find it consistently faster to use GameFlow in that situation.

ryan36 01-11-2011 03:31 PM

That's true...I suppose the issue is maybe that accel clock should remain ON during the last 2 minutes...but only from the conventional playcall screen.

I also wish they'd let the playbook pop up like in NCAA, instead of only audibling to the pre set plays out of completely diff. formations

hampshire2012 01-11-2011 04:05 PM

Actually I think the speed of a no huddle is about right. The basic rule of thumb is, with no timeouts, the game clock needs to be on 20 seconds on the snap of the penultimate play (assuming of course the play is stopped in bounds). 20 seconds means you will almost always be able to run another play.

What I think needs to change is the speed of huddling. It should take ALOT longer to huddle, have the played called in etc. Its ridiculous how it is at the moment, with huddling taking less time.

RGiles36 01-11-2011 04:40 PM

2 issues for me: One, like Ryan36 mentioned, the accelerated clock is not on in the last two minutes for unexplicable reasons (is that the right word lol). Just doesn't make any sense for it NOT to run.

Two, the sequence just doesn't look good. Players running into one another as an example. I wouldn't be mad if they made a cutscene that would trigger in between plays just so we wouldn't see gaffs like that.

Just my 2 cents...

steelers1 01-11-2011 10:34 PM

Yeah, the accelerated clock should remain on in the last 2 minutes. In real life, running a no huddle usually takes a minimum of 15 seconds between snaps, even if it is just for a spike (it takes longer if it is a big gain).

briax87 01-12-2011 04:08 AM

I think it has more to do with the accelerated clock not being on in the final 2 minutes than anything. If it was on, you would be forced to call the no-huddle if you're trying to get up the field to score. If you're not trying to score, just call gameflow and the clock runs down as fast as it has for the whole game up to this point. This would also make it a bit more exciting than just calling using gameflow and not losing as much time.

BezO 01-13-2011 10:12 AM

I always thought it was too fast. Ehh well.

And we need separate no huddle & hurry up offenses.