Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Building a Better NCAA Football 12 (/forums/showthread.php?t=464713)

RaychelSnr 01-13-2011 11:36 AM

Building a Better NCAA Football 12

NCAA Football 11
gave thousands of eager fans the first quality HD college football experience during this generation of consoles. But now with January already upon us, and NCAA 12 deep into development, it is only a matter of time until the NCAA Football 12 details start emerging. January is also the month that I begin my coverage of the newest NCAA game.

This first article will focus on some of the things NCAA 11 did extremely well, as well as the areas that still need improvement in order to push the game to the next level.

Read More - Building a Better NCAA Football 12

NDIrish98 01-13-2011 11:54 AM

Please have bowl patches in ncaa 12, pleeeeeeease!!!

Tickkid 01-13-2011 12:09 PM

Really I would like to see the ability to implement a playoff system if you would like. And not only that, the ability to add and remove teams from conference, add conference championship games as well. You could make created teams and have them move up over the years, things like that. They also need to bring back the penalties that a team can get during the recruiting process. Putting in the coaching carousel like in College Hoops, and making it so that individual head coaches are far more important this time around (and carry their own play calling style and such that will move with them from team to team) would assist in this aspect and give a bit more when you also create a coach that can move from team to team.

sportyguyfl31 01-13-2011 12:16 PM

I love this game, and still play it near every day. I dont see that changing until NCAA 12 released.

This is the most fun I have had playing next gen football, and it isnt even close.

I think it is ahead of Madden to be honest.

There are a few things that I think EA should consider.

1) They need to reclassify the Quarterback categories.

You cannot use QBs in this game, like Cam Newton or Denard Robinson are used, because they are either going to fumble the ball all over the joint, or get injured.

These type of QBs run like HBs, but in NCAA 11, the simply run like fast quarterbacks.

College QBS need to be classified as:

Pro Style: Your Landry Jones, Andrew Luck, John Brantley, Matt Barkley type

Spread Balanced: Colt McCoy: He's a good thrower, with good enough wheels to hurt you, if you dont honor the QB keep.

Spread Option: Your 15-20 carry a game, spread QB. They should have HB like running ratings, and be able to throw on the move, better then from in the pocket.

2) Run blocking out of the shotgun needs to be enhanced. In NCAA 11, running the ball out of the shotgun is more about tricking someone, and catching them off-guard, as opposed to being able to line up and run it.

3) Balance between man and zone coverage: Too much route mirroring in man coverage, too little assignment recognition in underneath zone coverage.

4) Ditch the gameplanning.
--its silly. My players ratings and situational awarness should dictate how well they play. I shouldnt have to tell my defense to "key pass" on 3rd and long, so that the pass rushers and coverage people, dont get duped on PA Pass.

5) PLaybook creator!!
--I appreciate the Run & Shoot being in the game. Its my all time favorite offense..unfortunatrly there are a ton of formations and plays that have nothing to do with the R&S (Hawaii and SMU playbooks with a TE formation??) Allow me to remove the clutter and keep what I want.

jyoung 01-13-2011 12:18 PM

Funny thing is, they had the option to end the season in a playoff way back on the Genesis with College Football USA '96.

Like next-gen Madden, the "HD" versions of NCAA have suffered from still lacking tons of options that used to exist in the older NCAA games.

gilla 01-13-2011 12:32 PM

the NCAA doesn't allow them to put in a playoff format, so thats off my list.

I'd love to see ESPN integration with stat overlays and pregame/halftime shows
dreads, eyeblack, mouthguards, more helmets/faceguards.
*hopefully they have the teams moving conferences in the correct years in dynasty*
effective CPU scrambling would add tons to the gameplay too

LionsFanNJ 01-13-2011 12:58 PM

Re: Building a Better NCAA Football 12

Dreads.

outside of that, I'd like more diverse recruits. It was a step better this year, but there still was nowhere near enough rup option type QB's with speed, or true power backs, recieving TEs, Speed rush DE (and HEAVY close to 300 pound lineman) and no true ATH. they were only good in one position.

Running QB's running, both on scrambles and the intended option plays and schools recruiting to their strengths is another big thing.

Also, DREADS.

PATFINEST54 01-13-2011 01:02 PM

WHY WHEN IM RECRUITING ALL THE GOOD SCAMBLING QBS R WHITE IS THAT TRUE?