Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Locomotion refinement? (/forums/showthread.php?t=465137)

TheCreep 01-16-2011 12:52 PM

Locomotion refinement?

As we all probably agree, the implementing of locomotion into Madden was a great change. Very much needed.

However, it seems like the CPU A.I. (I assume this is what is) still seems to try to control players with the "turn on a dime" logic in some instances.

I've noticed it, and was just wondering if anyone else has observed this?

Let me see if I can explain it. You'll notice that in some situations when the CPU defense players try to change direction, they will plant and instead of moving fluidly out of the plant, the player will completely stop and hold in place for a precious couple of seconds that really makes a big difference.

As stated, it doesn't happen ALL the time but when it does happen its very noticeable. Its like the CPU is still trying to turn on a dime instead of taking the correct angle from the start. Did that come out clear as mud lol?

I'm just trying to get a confirmation that the dev team notices this and will work to refine/polish this area off. Gentleman, we're almost there. Little bit more refining on locomotion and A.I. along with more robust editing and equipment options=homerun. I think Madden 12 is going to be that winner. Lets go. Thanks.

PantherBeast_OS 01-16-2011 01:36 PM

Re: Locomotion refinement?

Well I don't think anyone is going to disagree on this point. Locomotion is always going to need some kind of adjustment year after year. But still seeing the AI turning on a dime is needing some tuning I agree with you there. The AI mirror imaging the WR on routes still is a problem and the turn on dime with locomotion is part of the problem. I'm sure they will keep on tuning it up for this coming year and make it much better.:y7:

Gotmadskillzson 01-16-2011 02:05 PM

Yeah players need to have more weight to them. The juke and stiff arm needs to be refined as well. Juke move is a little bit too weak in Madden. They really don't move, they just twitch their hips. I don't think I ever faked out a defender in Madden 11 using the juke because it is so weak.

Stiff arms have always been weak in football games as well. If you a strong enough person, if you stiff arm a person you should be able to push them back up off you when they try to grab you. In Madden and NCAA for years using the stiff arm is pretty much a guranteed tackle, there is no push off.

Also they really need to change the locomotion of a speed runner vs a power back vs a full back vs a WR vs a TE vs a Defensive lineman vs a Linebacker vs a scrambling QB vs a pocket QB. Everybody seem to run the same way.

I will also like a bit more movement out of the mobile QBs as well. Especially on 3rd downs. If it is 3rd and 5, I would like to see mobile QBs run for the 1st down more. And in the 4th quarter, if that QB team is losing, the mobile QBs should be taking off running way more to keep their drive alive because they know they have to score.

cl34v4g3 01-16-2011 02:48 PM

Yeah I have noticed that. An easy way to explain what you're trying to say is that when I'm on offense, if my RB gets into the second level, he can literally run AROUND the LB's and DB's. I don't have to juke or spin, just run around them because they're trying to change direction and it takes them forever to do so.

Another thing kind of on the same page that I've noticed a lot is that when I'm on defense and the comp calls a screen, toss, or even just an outside run, my DB's will come screaming towards the line of scrimmage straight towards the HB, then he jukes, and when my defender tries to change direction, as minute as the cut might be, he goes straight to his a$$.

What I have come to think is that locomotion is really ONLY tied to defense, and heavily. The offense can make cuts and spins and change direction as much as they want and as quick as they want, but the defense is pretty much running through mud.

TheCreep 01-16-2011 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cl34v4g3 (Post 2042039369)
Yeah I have noticed that. An easy way to explain what you're trying to say is that when I'm on offense, if my RB gets into the second level, he can literally run AROUND the LB's and DB's. I don't have to juke or spin, just run around them because they're trying to change direction and it takes them forever to do so.

Another thing kind of on the same page that I've noticed a lot is that when I'm on defense and the comp calls a screen, toss, or even just an outside run, my DB's will come screaming towards the line of scrimmage straight towards the HB, then he jukes, and when my defender tries to change direction, as minute as the cut might be, he goes straight to his a$$.

What I have come to think is that locomotion is really ONLY tied to defense, and heavily. The offense can make cuts and spins and change direction as much as they want and as quick as they want, but the defense is pretty much running through mud.

Exactly what I'm talking about here. I agree locomotion does seem to be tied more heavily with defense. I wouldn't say defense exclusively though because I HAVE seen this happen to RBs, its VERY rare but I've seen it. The RBs can still get moving again better than Defensive players though.

I also think that the implementation of reach tackles would help to counter this. It would be more of a band aid, but it would be a good looking (aesthetics) bandaid lol.

When the D trys to make that turn and gets stuck, if they were reaching out when this happened it would stop the RB from being able to run around them so easily. Of course depending on the proximity of RB to said D player (reach tackles would then be a bandaid for close proximity lack of change direction for the D):wink:

Gotmadskillzson 01-16-2011 03:50 PM

Watching the games yesterday and watching the Bears game right now, Madden and NCAA really need to amp up the QB scramble logic. Aaron Rogers and Big Ben did it yesterday, running around and all over the defense.

Cutler is running all over the Seahawks defense today. Madden and NCAA should really make it happen. Make the mobile QBs take off way more when they see wide open space or feel the pressure coming.

illwill10 01-16-2011 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson (Post 2042039567)
Watching the games yesterday and watching the Bears game right now, Madden and NCAA really need to amp up the QB scramble logic. Aaron Rogers and Big Ben did it yesterday, running around and all over the defense.

Cutler is running all over the Seahawks defense today. Madden and NCAA should really make it happen. Make the mobile QBs take off way more when they see wide open space or feel the pressure coming.

I agree.Fix that and add weight factor to locomotion

Pcrg0 01-16-2011 08:54 PM

locomotion needs to get a lot better, it still isnt as realistic as it could be