Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Football Dynasties (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=189)
-   -   Starting over: an Indianapolis Colts Franchise (/forums/showthread.php?t=465154)

Jefferson2Lafell 01-16-2011 03:41 PM

Starting over: an Indianapolis Colts Franchise

Manning in accident, ruins leg

Indianapolis, IN -- Just 2 weeks before the training camp begins, the Indianapolis Colts have received the worst news in Franchise history: Peyton Manning will likely never play again. He was in a car accident this morning driving to the team's facility. Manning's injuries are not life threatening, but the accident snapped his tibia and tore his ACL, in addition to a broken clavicle. These injuries are severe enough that Manning will likely never play again.

The Colts are in a state of shock at this point in time, and have yet to release a statement on the situation. The only reaction from the organization concerning the leagues only 4-time MVP was Bob Irsay's tweet: Peyton in bad accident. On the way to the hospital. Praying for the best.

Stay tuned for more from Indianapolis.

Jefferson2Lafell 01-16-2011 04:08 PM

Re: Starting over: an Indianapolis Colts Franchise

Wayne, Clark, among 5 requesting trade

Indianapolis, IN -- Just a day after losing Peyton Manning for the season and probably his career, the Colts coach Jim Caldwell announced trade demands by 5 high profile Colts: Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, Dwight Freeney, Gary Brackett, and Joesph Addai. The players told Caldwell that "they love being Colts, but didn't think they could do it without Peyton. We certainly understand what they are going through and will attempt to grant their wishes. Bill [Polian] and I are going to be talking to several teams about potential trades later this evening."

This is certainly bad news for the Colts, who can only hope to get quality compensation for these great players. Clark, Wayne, and Freeney have 11 Pro Bowls between them. Freeney has the 2nd most sacks (84.0) in the NFL since being drafted in 2003. Brackett has been a defensive captain since 2006. While losing any one of these players would be a huge blow to the Colts, losing them all would be catastrophic.

Bolts Boy 123 01-16-2011 04:18 PM

I like your idea.

mnwildgophers 01-16-2011 04:21 PM

This is a good idea, I will be following.

footballfan4life 01-16-2011 04:59 PM

Following.

Jefferson2Lafell 01-16-2011 08:06 PM

Thanks for the support! Update on trades soon.

footballfan4life 01-16-2011 09:36 PM

I like how this is going, bringing a great team down with Manning and his stars gone

packabacka19 01-16-2011 09:53 PM

Great idea. Can't wait to see the new QB of the Colts.