Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   What IS there to do in a franchise? (/forums/showthread.php?t=465205)

geetarguy 01-16-2011 09:24 PM

What IS there to do in a franchise?

I know in NCAA you can recruit when you're not playing. But that's what I'm wanting to do, not just playing. But doing something else. What does everyone else to in their franchise other than actually play the game? Just curious becuase I picked up the game a couple of weeks ago but just started playing

RedZoneD25 01-16-2011 10:02 PM

Re: What IS there to do in a franchise?

In all honesty, if you have a good imagination, it helps make up for the lack of depth to some degree. That, along with stat following, Pro Bowl votes, and playoff scenarios makes time go by. Here's to more to do in M12!

stlstudios189 01-16-2011 10:05 PM

I have to really use my imagination and make it exciting.

JDoze 01-17-2011 12:03 AM

not much to do other than play games. I usually end up playing a couple games, simming to the end of the season.....then I start my new franchise. The "next gen" consoles have lacked depth and a fun factor in franchise since they beginning. Hopefully Madden 12 fixes this.

LowerWolf 01-17-2011 01:23 AM

I look at standings, stats, etc.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I actually preferred when recruiting was done after the season in NCAA. I focused on the games in-season and it made the offseason more fun. So having all the offseason stuff after the season in Madden is fine with me.

GlennN 01-17-2011 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LowerWolf (Post 2042041635)
I look at standings, stats, etc.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I actually preferred when recruiting was done after the season in NCAA. I focused on the games in-season and it made the offseason more fun. So having all the offseason stuff after the season in Madden is fine with me.

That's funny! I thought I was the only one who felt that way. I'm with you completely.

RGiles36 01-17-2011 11:46 AM

Yea, there's not a whole lot to do.

But like others have said, you can use your imagination (sounds corny, I know) and immerse yourself a bit.

The problem for me is having to seek these stats. You have to bounce out of multiple screens for standings/stats/leaders/etc. There's gotta be better ways to streamline this information without having to go searching for it.

They could implement a home page a la NBA2K, and that could tell you who has the top ranked defense, key injuries, league leaders, and stuff like that. We have the capability to seek and find this information. But they gotta find a way to better present it to the user.

stp2081 01-17-2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rgiles36 (Post 2042042377)
They could implement a home page a la NBA2K, and that could tell you who has the top ranked defense, key injuries, league leaders, and stuff like that. We have the capability to seek and find this information. But they gotta find a way to better present it to the user.

That sure would make things easier. :D As it currently stands, it's a chore no doubt to try to gather/collect that information.