Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   OS Neighborhood (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Favorite board game? (/forums/showthread.php?t=465378)

Kearnzo 01-18-2011 07:42 AM

Favorite board game?

Spin off of the Monopoly thread. Simply, what are your favorite board games?

My number one would be Risk, no doubt. Me and my buddies used to play almost every weekend. Now that they are all out of state, and noone in my family really likes the game, I rarely get to play. I miss the hell out of the game.

Stratego would be second. My wife loves this game, and so does basically everyone I know. Never gets old.

Third would be Monopoly. Not my favorite, but it is a blast when playing with family. I seem to have the worst luck though.

Others would be Chess and Yahtzee, although I like the handheld Yahtzee way more than the real game.

kingkilla56 01-18-2011 07:43 AM

Re: Favorite board game?

I like mancala. Does that even count as a boardgame?

Jasong7777 01-18-2011 08:09 AM

Risk - once I finally learned how to play

~LiverpoolRed~ 01-18-2011 08:12 AM

I've always liked playing Clue.

superjames1992 01-18-2011 10:04 AM

Axis and Allies, hands down. It's basically a better and more detailed version of Risk tailored for World War II.

TracerBullet 01-18-2011 10:16 AM

I like Risk as well, but I never play it the traditional way. My second favorite is probably Life.

fistofrage 01-18-2011 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superjames1992 (Post 2042045367)
Axis and Allies, hands down. It's basically a better and more detailed version of Risk tailored for World War II.

I have Axis and Allies but noone to play it with. In College we would play almost every night. I had a German strategy that couldn't be beat unless the dice were being extremely cruel.

I also really like Samurai Swords/Shogun like risk in Japan but without a ton of different units.

The American Civil War. I bought a bunch of Italeri Minatures to go with that.

Battle Cry. A great Civil War game with dice, cards and minatures.

I wanted to get Napoleon in Europe, but its out of print. The Eagle and the Lion looks interesting, but its $100 right now and I wouldn't have anyone to play it with anyway.

AUChase 01-18-2011 10:50 AM

Monopoly, Clue, Life, Sorry, Daytona 500.