Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   2-Minute Drill/Fourth Quarter - CPU Logic (/forums/showthread.php?t=465517)

cuatrow 01-19-2011 09:50 AM

2-Minute Drill/Fourth Quarter - CPU Logic

I don't know exactly where to post this, but it needs to be discussed. There is some really poor logic written for 2-minute drill play-calling on the part of the CPU in franchise mode.

Countless times I have witnessed the CPU going for it on 4th down in the shadow of their own endzone late in the game, with a full complement of timeouts. They almost ALWAYS fail to convert, which enables me to score with a FG or TD and put the game completely out of reach.

I'm sure there are a few coaches who could go for it in such a situation, guys like Payton or Belichik, but not every coach is going to do something like that. Maybe I've just happened to get "lucky" with the coaches with aggressive gameplans, but it seems that this happens far too often.

Word to the wise ...

PanthersGM305 01-19-2011 04:07 PM

Re: 2-Minute Drill/Fourth Quarter - CPU Logic

Like Jim Caldwell called the timeout against the JEts left Manny shaking his head No! Sometimes coach's make bad decesion. I think if you have pretty hard sliders mite help a bite. I was having this issued but i tweak to like 16, 17 custom setting with allmadden levels. But you do have a point ,CPU 4th dw are converted rarely. I mean I alway blitz maybe a single backer or just do a zone fire blitz, I have notice if the QB is pressure chances are pass incomplete....