Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   MLB 2K11 Preview (Teamxbox) (/forums/showthread.php?t=465830)

Steve_OS 01-21-2011 04:32 PM

MLB 2K11 Preview (Teamxbox)

Teamxbox has just posted their Major League Baseball 2K11 preview.

Quote:

"The ball physics have been rewritten so that its reactions to dirt, grass and brick are all new. The the ball can fade in different directions and it isn't always the difference of a single pixel for a strike or a ball. Runners caught between bases can hold the two triggers rather than tap a single direction so that they can make the call when to run at the right moment. And overall errors don't happen randomly. They claimed you won't see the same fielding mistakes present in MLB 2K9. Errors are situation-dependent in that yes, a shortstop might just fumble a hard grounder, but a pop-fly won't be missed under the right conditions.

Phillies pitcher Roy Halladay provided advice and suggestions for a lot of the development process. He correct the dev team when they had something wrong and explained how certain situations in the game work out from his point of view. This expert testimony from the big leagues definitely pays off in the game as it all further exemplifies the attention to detail found in this experience."

Saberq 01-21-2011 04:49 PM

Re: MLB 2K11 Preview (Teamxbox)

Well this is a great article dude.......A lot of positive things....

RedLine 01-21-2011 04:52 PM

Quote:

"First of all, when you hit the ball into the outfield, the camera hangs back as though you're watching the ball fly from the batter's perspective. This gives less of a tell to the outfielders where it's going to land, much like in the real world."

The details of the new game are sounding better with each new preview. The new camera from the batter's perspective sounds interesting, can't wait to actually see some game play with this view.

Saberq 01-21-2011 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLine (Post 2042054994)
The details of the new game are sounding better with each new preview. The new camera from the batter's perspective sounds interesting, can't wait to actually see some game play with this view.

Yeah I am not sure I understand this completely......Does this mean that when we hit the ball camera is behind the batter for a few sec...If so than that tell to the outfielders is pointless cos it's not me how is fielding the ball in the outfield......

Dazraz 01-21-2011 04:59 PM

Good that we're getting some solid details about MLB 2K11. Even better that the news appears to be positive.

Ollienyy 01-21-2011 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saberq (Post 2042055000)
Yeah I am not sure I understand this completely......Does this mean that when we hit the ball camera is behind the batter for a few sec...If so than that tell to the outfielders is pointless cos it's not me how is fielding the ball in the outfield......

I don't understand your question, what do you mean?

Blitzburgh 01-21-2011 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saberq (Post 2042055000)

No, I believe they mean when we are fielding the ball the camera will stay looking at the batter just like in real life. You will be looking at the fly ball coming towards you. I love this idea if the camera works properly.

Saberq 01-21-2011 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitzburgh (Post 2042055035)
No, I believe they mean when we are fielding the ball the camera will stay looking at the batter just like in real life. You will be looking at the fly ball coming towards you. I love this idea if the camera works properly.

Aaa now I understand....Thanks man that makes sense....Wow cool feature..