Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   How's your rebuilding going? (/forums/showthread.php?t=465935)

ILLICIT206 01-22-2011 03:43 PM

How's your rebuilding going?

Just wondering how your guys rebuilding projects are going...

I started a franchise with the Bills and took over after simming the 2010 season (6-10). I fired Chain Gailey and the entire staff and hired Dick Bevelle to run the team. I changed the offense to a West Coast attack and am running a 4-3.

Ryan Fitzpatrick wanted some crazy amount of money ($7 mil/year) after a decent 2010 season, something like 3200 yds 21 TD 18 INT, so I let him hit free agency. I basically gutted the core of the team, only resigning Paul Posluszny, and went into free agency and the draft with a bunch of needs.

My draft went well, traded Lee Evans for a third rounder and traded the 9th overall pick for a late first round and another second round.

Got Ohio State CB Chimdi Chekwa in the first and Houston QB Case Keenum in the second. UNC DT Marvin Austin was my other second round pick. Drafted some role players for the O-Line and my sleeper pick looks to be Boise State WR Titus Young, who I picked up in the fourth round. He's my Kick Returner and third WR, and catches everything I throw at him.

Anyway...started the 2011 season off with a big win over division rival New York Jets 12-6 in a defensive battle. The only TD of the game was a 29 yard pass from Keenum to Roscoe Parrish.

Keenum started his career off solid, going 15 of 28 for 160 yards and a TD.

Getting ready to play the 1-0 Cowboys at home in a minute.....how are your rebuilding franchises going???

IgneousMold 01-22-2011 05:56 PM

Re: How's your rebuilding going?

rebuilt the lions, too easy...in my 3rd season, so many young guns have progressed so much, i really wish there was a reallllly crap team like the 0-16 lions with next to no talent.

Evan_OS 01-22-2011 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IgneousMold (Post 2042057427)
rebuilt the lions, too easy...in my 3rd season, so many young guns have progressed so much, i really wish there was a reallllly crap team like the 0-16 lions with next to no talent.

The closest team to the 08' Lions is the Browns IMO. Outside of Cribbs and Harrison, it's a dump.

IgneousMold 01-22-2011 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evan_OS (Post 2042058058)
The closest team to the 08' Lions is the Browns IMO. Outside of Cribbs and Harrison, it's a dump.

what? they have Colt Mccoy, Peyton Hillis, Alex Mack, Eric Steinbach, Joe Thomas, Shaun Rodgers, D'qwell Jackson, Joe Haden. Crazy thing to say, and you realise harrison got traded to the eagles right?

ILLICIT206 01-23-2011 03:19 AM

I'm loving my Bills franchis so far. Not playing the most realistically, so I'm gonna mess with my sliders, but its fun. Case Keenum and Titus Young have me real excited. Not to mention using Jackson and Spiller in tandem is starting to come together. I'm 3-1 now, my lone loss coming 36-24 to the Cowboys. I put a whooping on the Patriots 38-9, but honestly the score doesn't do the game justice, as they turned the ball over twice in key situations that changed the tone of the game. I'm using sliders that have been challenging to me in the past, but maybe I've found something with this team here.

I try to run the ball effectively to set up play action, and its been working great...and its helping to break Keenum in and not put the game on his shoulders.

phlstar 01-23-2011 04:37 AM

i have a sim franchise going with arizona i'm 6 years in and i've made the playoffs in year 5 to lose in the wildcard to the bears i think i'm a year or two away from consistant playoff football when my rookie qb develops into a star.

Zastrin 01-23-2011 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evan_OS (Post 2042058058)

Harrison got traded away- i guess you been not watching much football this year. the Browns have a lot of talent, but judging from your avatar, i guess i do not need to argue much... lol

mjhyankees 01-23-2011 10:29 AM

I've got two franchises going....two create a teams: The Orlando Vipers (replaced the phins) and the Oklahoma Outlaws (replaced the Raiders). The vipers, a "strong offense" team is 2-1 with every game being an O-fest shootout. The Outlaws, strong d team, are 1-2. They're O is horrible except for a decent TE and RB. The D is tough but the O goes three and out so much that they are on the field too long and give up more yards and points as a result. They've not given up more than 20 points so far, but the average O output is about 13 points per game. It relies heavily on the D creating a turnover or getting them field position to score.
I'm really enjoying this. i did not make one trade or FA pickup for either team preferring to play with the guys as is. I'll change things in the offseason but I"ve got rules to prevent me from building a powerhouse too fast. That said the Vipers just need a few D guys and they are a championship team. The currently are playing with an 80 ovr second string QB and still averaging 35 points and over 400 ypg. The starter is a 93. They have a great speed running back who breaks tackles and is the team's leading reciever. MVP candidate I think. If they could get 2 good DB's and a pass rusher they'll contend.