Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Cheesing cost me a chance at a National title. (/forums/showthread.php?t=466214)

TheBauerHour 01-24-2011 09:10 PM

Cheesing cost me a chance at a National title.

Ranting a bit, I know, but I had a question as well. My slow, lumbering #1 ranked Northwestern Wildcats were going into the last week undefeated and getting ready to play a user controlled #3 Oregon Ducks. Slow and steady versus fast and...cheap? Yes, this idiot cheesed the entire game by only running 3-4 different plays, one of them being the "All Verticals", in which he used 5 times in the last drives for the game winning touchdown. I frowned upon his shenanigans and am a bit upset. His response to when messaged him about play calling? "Bitter? Haha, terrible play calling beat you. Have fun in the Rose Bowl" I try to have a mature and well played game, and he sits here and mocks me as he cheeses his way to a National Championship game.
:mad:

ranger6354 01-24-2011 09:13 PM

Re: Cheesing cost me a chance at a National title.

Happens to the best of us man.

TheBauerHour 01-24-2011 09:17 PM

I think this may have been my last game as well. I've lost a lot of confidence in the game, because it seems like every mode has one little thing that takes away from it being worthwhile. Offline dynasties consist of no parody, the same teams stay at the top and the recruiting is god awful for CPU's. Online dynasties and online modes are more cheesed than I've ever seen before. Placing your fastest players as wide receivers, then calling All Verticals and giving yourself a false impression you have skill, when in fact you're just being cheap and unrealistic. IDK, a bit of ranting but I seriously am ready to sell this game.

WizKhid 01-24-2011 09:25 PM

no offense but selling the game over a loss ? i understand that you loss to a cheesier but that no reason to trade in the game unless you are more then bored with it.

i mean their are cheesier in all game online

* Shooter game - Call of duty: players sit back and just camp all day

* Fighting game - Tekken, Street fighter , Etc. : Players always pick the strongest guy and use the same moves over & over.

*Sports game - Madden, NCAA, Etc: Players will do the same thing over and over if its working for them.

Also the guy who he plays in the National Title just might be em so then you can just laugh it in his face because he loss lol :bump:

TheBauerHour 01-24-2011 09:28 PM

Yeah I'll be over this in the morning. He's playing CPU Alabama in the national championship game, so IDK, maybe he'll fall then. Instead of just sounding grumpy the rest of the thread, I'm interested in ways of stopping the basic styles of "cheesing". The few that I've seen were the "All Verticals" multiple times and calling a goal line play and having your fastest RB run straight to the side multiple times. Anybody know a good way of stopping those?

Leon Sandcastle 01-24-2011 09:30 PM

It sucks but I would report it to the commish man for thats pretty shady on his part letting a cheeser in the dynasty

TheBauerHour 01-24-2011 09:33 PM

The guy who ran the dynasty gave the cheeser the reigns to the dynasty because he was busy and couldn't run it. Unfortunately, the cheeser is the commish

BlastX21 01-24-2011 10:31 PM

Thats why I quit online. People run 3 or 4 nearly unstoppable plays all game and nothing else. Its not fun winning or losing against them. Its just unnecessary stress trying to stop one of these people. I would recommend you to do the same, it really saves a lot of trouble.