Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Wishlist (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   How about a Play Designer? (/forums/showthread.php?t=466216)

playguitar90 01-24-2011 09:29 PM

How about a Play Designer?

There are a whole lot of creative plays and such in college football, and they cant possibly all be represented in the game. Maybe halfway through the season some team introduces some new, interesting formation. Everyone wants to do it, but they can't because its not in the game.

If NCAA (insert near future version here) had a good play designer I would never put it down. And when I mean good, I mean a play designer that allows options, fakes, pass/run options, basically anything you can do that is legal in football. Sure, you can make a play with 6 or 7 different options, but it might get blown apart every play. Allow shovel passes, option tosses, all different kinds of handoffs. To make handoffs like these possible, I think they need to speed up the pistol/shotgun fakes and handoff animations.

I can see complaints being risen in terms of online play, so maybe have a restriction for online play? An option within an online dynasty to have it or not, or an online match type that allows custom playbooks, like the teambuilder game. How cool would it be if one of your friends in an online dynasty came up with some ingenious way to get it to his dangerous RB or WR and completely rolls over 3 higher ranked friends with ease. You're next....how do you stop it? It adds a whole new dimension to the game.

People always want new plays in the game, but if we had a play designer, then there would be far fewer complaints. We could just try and make it.

NikB13 01-25-2011 05:37 AM

Re: How about a Play Designer?

Good Post. I agree with the fact that it would only ADD to the game. Anything that adds to the game with no losses, is a plus in my book. And i think that having a Playbook Creator would lead to Custom playbooks. Virtually allowing you to create a school or use an existing one, and have them play the way YOU want them too with YOUR plays. +1

playguitar90 01-25-2011 08:08 AM

Most of the time, EA seems to hold off features and then give them to us the next year or something. Or center the game around a feature. This year its locomotion/blocking and IMO that was fairly successful. I could imagine them using this as a selling point.

However, it needs to be said that if EA fixed everything, its not like I would only buy one game. If they came out with a perfect football game, and then released a slightly updated but not too different one next year, no doubt I'd buy it. Not just because of the update, but because I want to support a good game series.

jbrew2411 01-25-2011 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by playguitar90 (Post 2042065017)
Most of the time, EA seems to hold off features and then give them to us the next year or something. Or center the game around a feature. This year its locomotion/blocking and IMO that was fairly successful. I could imagine them using this as a selling point.

However, it needs to be said that if EA fixed everything, its not like I would only buy one game. If they came out with a perfect football game, and then released a slightly updated but not too different one next year, no doubt I'd buy it. Not just because of the update, but because I want to support a good game series.

This was the way the game was from NCAA 04 to NCAA 07 on the PS2/Xbox days. They had a great game base and kept adding to the game each year. They did this by adding small features and updates on graphics and rosters. I don't think they have got to the point with a good game base yet for the 360/PS3. I thought we were close with NCAA 09 with wide open game play, but that got kicked to the curb for NCAA 10 and NCAA 11. It is hard to build on something they keep changing.

As for you post about play designer. I like the idea. It is something that needs to be added. I don't know if it will make the game as an out of the box feature but could be done as a DLC. Since EA has focused on making more DLC to make more money this would be a good place to start. I know I would pay for it.

playguitar90 01-25-2011 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrew2411 (Post 2042066124)
This was the way the game was from NCAA 04 to NCAA 07 on the PS2/Xbox days. They had a great game base and kept adding to the game each year. They did this by adding small features and updates on graphics and rosters. I don't think they have got to the point with a good game base yet for the 360/PS3. I thought we were close with NCAA 09 with wide open game play, but that got kicked to the curb for NCAA 10 and NCAA 11. It is hard to build on something they keep changing.

As for you post about play designer. I like the idea. It is something that needs to be added. I don't know if it will make the game as an out of the box feature but could be done as a DLC. Since EA has focused on making more DLC to make more money this would be a good place to start. I know I would pay for it.

I would pay alot for it lol...it seems like a really great thing to have as long as its got tons of options. If its generic and doesn't allow fakes, options, etc...then maybe not.

jbrew2411 01-25-2011 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by playguitar90 (Post 2042066148)
I would pay alot for it lol...it seems like a really great thing to have as long as its got tons of options. If its generic and doesn't allow fakes, options, etc...then maybe not.

That is why I said as DLC. I would think they would do it corretly if done as DLC. If added to the game it would take a few years before it is done well.

playguitar90 01-25-2011 05:22 PM

The old madden ones were always boring. No fakes, options...thats what a play designer is about. Crazy stuff. Or else, its probably already there.

Even a playbook creator would be alright. Being able to compile your favorite plays would be pretty nice.

But a full blown, DLC play creator would put it over the top.

jbrew2411 01-25-2011 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by playguitar90 (Post 2042066309)
The old madden ones were always boring. No fakes, options...thats what a play designer is about. Crazy stuff. Or else, its probably already there.

Even a playbook creator would be alright. Being able to compile your favorite plays would be pretty nice.

But a full blown, DLC play creator would put it over the top.

They could add the create-a-playbook feature to the game. Then do a DLC for create-your-plays. This is something that would appeal to both casual & hardcore gamers. Then EA gets to sale some DLC which they want to do more of going forward. Adds some depth to the game and could help keep it in the disk trey longer vs people trading the game in after a few months of stale game play.