Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   I may be ABSOLUTELY CRAZY...But I just went back to Madden 09! (/forums/showthread.php?t=467888)

Lisa_Bonami 02-07-2011 02:09 PM

I may be ABSOLUTELY CRAZY...But I just went back to Madden 09!

I know, I know...you must be all thinking that Im either absolutely nuts or dont know a thing about football. Well it may be neither, either, or both but I have to share this with everyone because it was sort of a guilty pleasure!

Last night after the Superbowl, I was getting that video game football itch that I normally do from time to time so I popped in Madden 11. I played about 3 drives and for some reason, that itch just turned into a painfully pus-filled wound. I just couldnt get into the game for some reason. So since I was still craving a little gridiron NFL, I turned to Madden 09 since I havent played it for so long.....

Well, let me just say this, it was like an adrenalin rush of sweet surprise for me...like biting into Fruit and Nut Cadbury chocolate bar you havent had for a long time. I mean right off the bat you notice the gameplay has a more organic wide and fluid feel to it. Different things seem to happen more often during the game. The player models are more varied and stylized in an exaggerated but more fluid way. Passing the rock felt much more varied and old school with more degrees of loft and zip you can control. And the whole experience was just all around more fun....I finished an entire game between 2 random teams that I didnt even care about because I felt the gameplay was more engaging and entertaining.

Now, I'm certain that this probably defies all sorts of Maddenonian Logic, that a game 2 versions earlier could be 'better' ...and perhaps better inst really even the proper term, but it was certainly more,....well, fun!

Can anyone therapy this for me?...have I gone completely mad or could there actually be some explanation for all this?

I actually want to now continue my old 09 Franchise and never play M11 again as a result!

Advice sorely needed!

guaps 02-07-2011 02:17 PM

Re: I may be ABSOLUTELY CRAZY...But I just went back to Madden 09!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa_Bonami (Post 2042101787)
I know, I know...you must be all thinking that Im either absolutely nuts or dont know a thing about football. Well it may be neither, either, or both but I have to share this with everyone because it was sort of a guilty pleasure!

Last night after the Superbowl, I was getting that video game football itch that I normally do from time to time so I popped in Madden 11. I played about 3 drives and for some reason, that itch just turned into a painfully pus-filled wound. I just couldnt get into the game for some reason. So since I was still craving a little gridiron NFL, I turned to Madden 09 since I havent played it for so long.....

Well, let me just say this, it was like an adrenalin rush of sweet surprise for me...like biting into Fruit and Nut Cadbury chocolate bar you havent had for a long time. I mean right off the bat you notice the gameplay has a more organic wide and fluid feel to it. Different things seem to happen more often during the game. The player models are more varied and stylized in an exaggerated but more fluid way. Passing the rock felt much more varied and old school with more degrees of loft and zip you can control. And the whole experience was just all around more fun....I finished an entire game between 2 random teams that I didnt even care about because I felt the gameplay was more engaging and entertaining.

Now, I'm certain that this probably defies all sorts of Maddenonian Logic, that a game 2 versions earlier could be 'better' ...and perhaps better inst really even the proper term, but it was certainly more,....well, fun!

Can anyone therapy this for me?...have I gone completely mad or could there actually be some explanation for all this?

I actually want to now continue my old 09 Franchise and never play M11 again as a result!

Advice sorely needed!

This won't explain anything, but I also played M09 at my cousins house around christmas and enjoyed it a lot more than M11. Could just be nostalgia, but I also like the old PS2 versions of Madden more than M11.

bh446066 02-07-2011 02:21 PM

I remember running the ball (both cpu and hum) being a little tough in that version. But the dirty unis were classic! It wasn't a bad game at all, IMO.

JDoze 02-07-2011 02:59 PM

I still rock Madden 08 for PC. The franchise is so much more entertaining.

Radja 02-07-2011 03:12 PM

i never bought 11. i stuck to 10 and i am playing one game a week (sunday evening) in my franchise and really enjoying it.

BZito75 02-07-2011 03:18 PM

nothing crazy about going to an early version of madden at all... earlier this season (before the final m11 patch) i went to gamestop n picked up m08 for 2.99 and played 3 seasons of it and it felt fluid.... except for the turnovers, but i digress. to each their own, if you enjoy it... rock the hell out of it :waytogo:

kcarr 02-07-2011 03:29 PM

The only major issue I had with that game was the dynasty mode problems. It sucks how every time they improve madden other parts of the game go downhill so far

ryan36 02-07-2011 04:13 PM

closed.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-game.html