Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Reputation (/forums/showthread.php?t=468095)

fhhs63 02-09-2011 09:31 AM

Just wondering if anyone know if this will ever be in a Madden game?

Basically what it is is a system to make teams "respect" players. For example, players like Revis and Asomougha never get thrown at a lot, but in Madden, they get thrown at and abused. And guys like Calvin Johnson are always double-teamed, but in Madden, a single CB can lock him up all day.

I dunno how they'd implement it, but just some sort of system that makes it so guys like Revis and Aso can actually be shutdown CBs....

RedZoneD25 02-09-2011 10:15 AM

Re: Reputation

Quote:

Originally Posted by fhhs63 (Post 2042106533)
Just wondering if anyone know if this will ever be in a Madden game?

Basically what it is is a system to make teams "respect" players. For example, players like Revis and Asomougha never get thrown at a lot, but in Madden, they get thrown at and abused. And guys like Calvin Johnson are always double-teamed, but in Madden, a single CB can lock him up all day.

I dunno how they'd implement it, but just some sort of system that makes it so guys like Revis and Aso can actually be shutdown CBs....

I would definitely like it to be in the game. Maybe not as a player rating as we know it though. If they ever add any sort of system like Head Coach (or even like player roles) to define and separate players from one another, I would like to see this make an appearance. I'll add a few other potential roles while I'm at it as well that would fit in a truly revamped franchise mode.

Headliner: Given to players with 3 or more Pro Bowl appearances, with his last appearance coming within the past three seasons. (If the player is traded or cut while he has this role, team morale takes a 25% hit.)

Reputation: Given to players who finish in top 5 in season stats in ANY category for at least 2 seasons, and isn't removed until a player does not finish in top 5 in any category for 2 straight seasons.

24/7: This role is given to a player who does any of the following-

- Starting QB throws for over 4000 yards, 25 TDs and less than 10 INT
- Any RB who rushes for over 1500 yards, 25 TDs and 0 fumbles
- Any RB, WR or TE who has 1800 rec yards, 15 TD, and less than 5 drops
- Any DE/DT who has 15 sacks, 20 TFL, 2 FF/FR (any combo that makes 2)
- Any LB who has 15 sacks, 2 INT, 2 FF, 1 FR
- Any CB/S who has 8 INT, 2 sacks, 1 FF or FR, and 1 TD

This is probably the most elite role on the list, and it truly separates the true studs of the league.

Sorry for hijacking your thread. I enjoy talking about this kind of stuff, lol.

fhhs63 02-10-2011 08:30 AM

Re: Reputation

No, please keep going, I agree :)

Just looking for a way to actually have "lockdown" corners.