Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Madden doesn't calculate draft order correctly? (/forums/showthread.php?t=468310)

im_noob 02-10-2011 05:10 PM

Madden doesn't calculate draft order correctly?

I may be wrong but I think in my franchise that madden miscalculated the draft order.

4 teams tied with a 4-11 record, the NFL uses SOS (strength of schedule) to determine who gets the higher pick. The weaker the schedule the higher the pick. These are the SOS's for the teams:

Chiefs: 120-136
Packers: 133-123
Browns: 137-119
Dolphins: 143-113

So it should be Chiefs, Packers, Browns, Dolphins right?

Well Madden ordered it Packers, Browns, Dolphins, Chiefs.

Am I missing something or did madden mess up?

over9000yards 02-10-2011 05:28 PM

Re: Madden doesn't calculate draft order correctly?

Shouldn't it be Dolphins, Browns, Packers, Chiefs? (In order of lowest draft pick to highest?)

But yeah, I believe you're right, I think you were just doing it from highest to lowest order.

I don't know why, maybe Madden had the team owners draw straws or something. Rock paper scissors for draft order anyone?!?

Figment 02-10-2011 08:59 PM

Strength of schedule is the second tie breaker, also consider head to head. So it is possible that for instance the Dolphins beat the Packers so the Packers would pick before them. So check out if they played each other this season.

im_noob 02-10-2011 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPL_6492 (Post 2042111160)
Strength of schedule is the second tie breaker, also consider head to head. So it is possible that for instance the Dolphins beat the Packers so the Packers would pick before them. So check out if they played each other this season.

That's what I figured... but why is it that on every website I checked it didn't mention head-to-head and said that SOS is the first tie breaker?

Just wondering because I need to get the order right for a league I'm running and I think I'm going to have to rearrange it, because this just seems wrong.

kehlis 02-10-2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by im_noob (Post 2042111341)
That's what I figured... but why is it that on every website I checked it didn't mention head-to-head and said that SOS is the first tie breaker?

Just wondering because I need to get the order right for a league I'm running and I think I'm going to have to rearrange it, because this just seems wrong.

Because the post you are quoting is incorrect.

Head to head has no bearing on the draft order. SOS is the first tiebreaker.

Figment 02-12-2011 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kehlis (Post 2042111399)
Because the post you are quoting is incorrect.

Head to head has no bearing on the draft order. SOS is the first tiebreaker.

My mistake, he is right. They should have head to head though, lol. Sorry for the wrong info.