Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Anyone else have problems with Madden freezing? (/forums/showthread.php?t=468528)

TheCreep 02-12-2011 12:43 AM

Anyone else have problems with Madden freezing?

Madden seems to be one of the only games I have where I have to worry about this. It either wont load from the start when I put it in the disc tray, or it will freeze in the edit player screen or right before a game begins.

If I can make it til the actual game starts I'm good, but getting there is starting to become a problem. FN4 does this also. Its like the discs for these particular sports titles are different in some kind of way.

Discs are clean, no scratches. WTF over?! I can pop in any other game and have no problems at all.

Remember when we used to have to blow in the cartridges on the old nintendo? Its getting like that with Madden lol. I have ritual that I'm trying to perfect. First I blow into the open disc tray, then I pop in the disc. Open and close the disc tray approximately 5 times and this seems to work sometimes. Its wierd.:frown:

TheCreep 02-13-2011 09:45 PM

Re: Anyone else have problems with Madden freezing?

Seriously?

TNT713 02-13-2011 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCreep (Post 2042114465)
Madden seems to be one of the only games I have where I have to worry about this. It either wont load from the start when I put it in the disc tray, or it will freeze in the edit player screen or right before a game begins.

If I can make it til the actual game starts I'm good, but getting there is starting to become a problem. FN4 does this also. Its like the discs for these particular sports titles are different in some kind of way.

Discs are clean, no scratches. WTF over?! I can pop in any other game and have no problems at all.

Remember when we used to have to blow in the cartridges on the old nintendo? Its getting like that with Madden lol. I have ritual that I'm trying to perfect. First I blow into the open disc tray, then I pop in the disc. Open and close the disc tray approximately 5 times and this seems to work sometimes. Its wierd.:frown:

I've often had trouble with Madden on PS2 and PS3... It was usually a symptom that my disc drive was about to go. Madden was just the first game to fail, then others would start within 1-2 months.

Not sure if it's the same issue you have...

Later

TheCreep 02-14-2011 02:26 AM

Thanks for the feedback man.

mjhyankees 02-14-2011 08:51 AM

I've had it freeze about once every month or two (I play 2-3 hours per day). I have to shut down but when I start up it's fine.

Mr5000 02-14-2011 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCreep (Post 2042114465)

I've had it happen to me as well. I wonder if it is something on EA's end as I've had this happen not only with Madden,but NCAA 11, and the Fight Night Champion demo.

jeremym480 02-14-2011 10:11 AM

I haven't had any trouble with Madden freezing since 08 (or was it 09 that had all of the franchise freezing problems?).

billylee0000 02-14-2011 10:35 AM

my game froze in my franchise at the end of the superbowl as i went to exit