Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Backbreaker (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=213)
-   -   Exclusive rights halting release? (/forums/showthread.php?t=469030)

thrust 02-15-2011 04:18 PM

Exclusive rights halting release?

Now that EA's exclusive rights deal with the NFL has been extended to run throughout 2013, will this deter Natural Motion from releasing another Backbreaker football game until then. I personally think that was a factor in NM waiting a year to release a BB2 console version. What would this contract extention mean to them?

MINATAURO 02-15-2011 04:34 PM

Re: Exclusive rights halting release?

I just assumed they were making another customizable game.

PVarck31 02-15-2011 05:08 PM

I'm not sure what you mean here. Backbreaker is an un-licensed game.

savoie2006 02-15-2011 05:50 PM

I don't see this as something that would halt BB2, being the game was already an unlicensed game. I think as long as they add some depth and tune up the AI, BB2 could do just fine.

mestevo 02-15-2011 06:27 PM

The license isn't free, I don't expect NM to ever have a licensed NFL game. I don't think their franchise is in a good place to recoup 10s of millions spent on branding it if it were available.

Todays news should have no impact on if BB2 happens or not. Otherwise I agree with savoie2006, they need to fix some of the problems and add some depth and they'll win over some people.

BearClaw 02-15-2011 06:35 PM

I don't even think they're going to make a game this year. It seems like they've turned all their focus to icebreaker based on there website's list of games.

thrust 02-28-2011 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BearClaw (Post 2042124161)
I don't even think they're going to make a game this year. It seems like they've turned all their focus to icebreaker based on there website's list of games.

Any videos or pics of "Ice Breaker" out there?

TreFacTor 03-02-2011 10:19 AM

BackBreaker 2 wasn't confirmed for this year anyway, it took 4 or more years for the first one, and I see no reason (considering how poorly the first one sold) for them to rush the sequel out. The extension between EA and the NFL (while still loathsome) doesn't effect BB2's release because it isn't even expected to come out this year. This is the main reason I'm upset with the devs for not supporting BB with more patches that would at least make the game playable for the next year or 2.