Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Directional sliders on all madden..... (/forums/showthread.php?t=469456)

mjhyankees 02-18-2011 10:08 AM

Directional sliders on all madden.....

Is it me or is the directional throwing different on all madden. When I played all pro I got good response from it. On all madden, when I try to lead receivers across the field I mostly miss wide. the up and down works well though. I've had a few tall receivers and big strong TE's come down with balls in coverage because I threw it high. Low throws have helped avoid picks on stick patterns and curls.
Curls seem very challenging on madden 10 and 11....they were money patterns on old gen. My only chance come from either releasing the ball before the WR cuts or throwing to his outside as the defender almost always comes inside for the bat down or pick.
Anyone else experiencing any of this? I'm assuming because my qB acc is at 15 that the left and right leads are harder.

Jarodd21 02-18-2011 11:17 AM

Re: Directional sliders on all madden.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjhyankees (Post 2042130838)
Is it me or is the directional throwing different on all madden. When I played all pro I got good response from it. On all madden, when I try to lead receivers across the field I mostly miss wide. the up and down works well though. I've had a few tall receivers and big strong TE's come down with balls in coverage because I threw it high. Low throws have helped avoid picks on stick patterns and curls.
Curls seem very challenging on madden 10 and 11....they were money patterns on old gen. My only chance come from either releasing the ball before the WR cuts or throwing to his outside as the defender almost always comes inside for the bat down or pick.
Anyone else experiencing any of this? I'm assuming because my qB acc is at 15 that the left and right leads are harder.

Its definitely different and much more harder then all-pro. On all-pro all you have to do is press the button and it pretty much makes an accurate throw for you.. On all-madden it makes you focus more on directional throwing with the left stick. Its very hard for me to explain. This is just something I learned over the years how to do really good. I can make just about any throw on the game with pin point accuracy. You have to really point the stick to the area you want the ball placed to hit your WR in stride or short enough to make him slow up for it, placing the ball behind a him, or fitting the ball right into the spot before WR runs into the LB sitting there in the zone. Like I said its hard for me to explain. This is something I would have to actually show you.

TheDelta 02-18-2011 11:38 AM

I'm still absolutely puzzled is to how directional throwing on all-madden is supposed to work. Personally I just try to stay the hell away from the left stick while throwing, especially using left/right on the left stick hasn't lead to anything for me but throws that miss their intended target by approximately a mile (I'm not joking, I have never ever, not a single time seen a throw that I made while aiming with the left stick come even close to the intended receiver, they sometimes get caught by completely different receivers on the other side of the field or get picked off by defenders nowhere close to the intended receiver, though), I'm sometimes using high/low, though, but only in very specific situations where I know in advance I want to make a high/low throw and I'm not sure it really helps much.

Maybe I'm just doing it all wrong, but nothing I've seen so far has me convinced that it is possible to use left/right directional throwing effectively. Maybe it works better if you use guys like Brady or Manning, but for the high 80s/low 90s S/MAC QBs I use in my franchises, it's simply suicide to use that left stick.

Jarodd21 02-18-2011 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDelta (Post 2042131030)
I'm still absolutely puzzled is to how directional throwing on all-madden is supposed to work. Personally I just try to stay the hell away from the left stick while throwing, especially using left/right on the left stick hasn't lead to anything for me but throws that miss their intended target by approximately a mile (I'm not joking, I have never ever, not a single time seen a throw that I made while aiming with the left stick come even close to the intended receiver, they sometimes get caught by completely different receivers on the other side of the field or get picked off by defenders nowhere close to the intended receiver, though), I'm sometimes using high/low, though, but only in very specific situations where I know in advance I want to make a high/low throw and I'm not sure it really helps much.

Maybe I'm just doing it all wrong, but nothing I've seen so far has me convinced that it is possible to use left/right directional throwing effectively. Maybe it works better if you use guys like Brady or Manning, but for the high 80s/low 90s S/MAC QBs I use in my franchises, it's simply suicide to use that left stick.

Your probably leading the WR too much.. Its real tricky with the accuracy on all-madden. You have to point the stick more towards the WR instead of pointing it too far out because it will sail on you like that. You have to really point it to the spot where you want the ball placed.. I try to place it to the point where the WR almost has to slow up for the ball.