Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Madden or NCAA? (/forums/showthread.php?t=469823)

murdamann10 02-21-2011 08:57 AM

Madden or NCAA?

I tried looking around the forums (haven't been here in a while) for a thread about madden vs ncaa football 11. I'm finally planning on upgrading to a xbox 360, since it's tax refund season and the consoles are finally affordable for me. I'm torn between Madden and NCAA, keep in mind I've NEVER played either one on 360 before. I'm just looking for honest opinions and observations of the games, I'm a huge fan of ncaa dynasty mode, and I'm curious about the franchise mode on madden.

I apoligize in advance if this is considered "unnecessary" but I couldn't find the related thread.

TheDelta 02-21-2011 09:29 AM

Re: Madden or NCAA?

"off the field", I think NCAA is way ahead. Dynasty offers so much more than the still minimalistic Franchise of M11 (I really hope M12 changes that...), you got so many more teams to choose from, and so many more offensive philosophies and playbooks that really feel different.

Madden, on the other hand, at least in my personal opinion, feels better "on the field", while NCAA graphics are better, the gameplay itself is just more entertaining with Madden, it's hard to describe.

I really hope they manage for the 12 editions to somehow create a "best of both worlds" game...

murdamann10 02-21-2011 09:38 AM

Thanks for the feedback. I'm leaning Madden right now since NCAA comes out late in the summer, I think I can wait to play. I was definitely looking for the gameplay input, I heard that NCAA put in the new "Smart blocking" and I heard mixed reviews, but Madden's gameplay has been for the majority ok'd with by gamers I heard from.

mtownballa12 02-21-2011 09:46 AM

I own both and play both regularly but if i had to choose between them I would pick NCAA. It looks better, there is more stuff to do and the game itself just seems more fast-paced. TeamBuilder is the most fun I've had with a football game in a long time. The one thing I like in Madden over NCAA, however, is the Ultimate Team feature. Other than that, it's a landslide for NCAA.

Tyrant8RDFL 02-21-2011 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murdamann10 (Post 2042138052)
I tried looking around the forums (haven't been here in a while) for a thread about madden vs ncaa football 11. I'm finally planning on upgrading to a xbox 360, since it's tax refund season and the consoles are finally affordable for me. I'm torn between Madden and NCAA, keep in mind I've NEVER played either one on 360 before. I'm just looking for honest opinions and observations of the games, I'm a huge fan of ncaa dynasty mode, and I'm curious about the franchise mode on madden.

I apoligize in advance if this is considered "unnecessary" but I couldn't find the related thread.

I play and enjoy both, but if I had to only have one I go with NCAA. NCAA is more polished than Madden. Nothing huge but it is more polished. I'am speaking A.I wise and gameplay.

hyacinth1 02-21-2011 11:17 AM

NCAA has more options meaning they have a mode called teambuilder which you can create your own teams or download them from EA's site. Plus the gameplay is really good this year.

If you go with madden I'd suggest going with Madden 10 over 11. You can get 10 for a whole lot cheaper ($15 at gamestop) plus if you get a used copy, you can return it within 7 days. So it's almost like a free trial for you to see if you do like how madden plays.

KingV2k3 02-21-2011 11:37 AM

Here's thread from a few weeks ago that sheds light on the same question:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-11-a.html

ryan36 02-21-2011 12:02 PM

I'm closing this, there's already a thread.