Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   All Pro Football 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   hex editor has ruined this game (/forums/showthread.php?t=469946)

FinnZzgo 02-21-2011 08:22 PM

hex editor has ruined this game

online play is ruined now because of this, sad

theDude47 02-21-2011 08:43 PM

Re: hex editor has ruined this game

Get a PS3 or join a good league.

rickmitchell22 02-21-2011 08:44 PM

Why is it ruined? You can choose who you want to play. If you see someone with a hex team, dont play them. Some hex teams I play, some I dont. Some are made realistically, others are just stacked with unrealistic players and abilities.

elgreazy1 02-21-2011 08:50 PM

I believe there was a thread like this about a month ago. Back then, I would have agreed, but now I wouldn't be so quick to do so. I've been playing a lot of random lobby games - before I exclusively participated in leagues - and I'm still finding some good opponents.

The key, as always, is to scout your opponent before accepting a game request. Just go by a high percentage feedback rating (at least 80%), W/L/DC standings, and that weird number with the gold, silver, or bronze star by it. I don't think it's ever been explained, but I believe it has something to do with the amount of games played.

Also, don't forget to simply do a quick message to the lobby what you're looking for. If you simply say, "No hex", most people won't waste their time or yours by challenging you or accepting a challenge.

Anyway, I simply just avoid guys who use Hex that aren't in my circle of friends. It's a shame how easy it is to exploit and then hide all the power-ups. I faced a Bronze Bo Jackson the other day who simply had Workhorse and he was bowling over my stacked D and his Bronze Rich Gannon with Leadership was faster than any QB I've ever played against. Stuff like that sickens me. Adding 4 to 5 abilities to Silver & Bronze, accessing locked abilities, editing names, team names, etc yes, that was the good nature for which the hex was intended. Powering up CAPs & Generics to godlike status? Crapfest.

NFLHITMAN 02-21-2011 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgreazy1 (Post 2042139956)
I believe there was a thread like this about a month ago. Back then, I would have agreed, but now I wouldn't be so quick to do so. I've been playing a lot of random lobby games - before I exclusively participated in leagues - and I'm still finding some good opponents.

The key, as always, is to scout your opponent before accepting a game request. Just go by a high percentage feedback rating (at least 80%), W/L/DC standings, and that weird number with the gold, silver, or bronze star by it. I don't think it's ever been explained, but I believe it has something to do with the amount of games played.

Also, don't forget to simply do a quick message to the lobby what you're looking for. If you simply say, "No hex", most people won't waste their time or yours by challenging you or accepting a challenge.

Anyway, I simply just avoid guys who use Hex that aren't in my circle of friends. It's a shame how easy it is to exploit and then hide all the power-ups. I faced a Bronze Bo Jackson the other day who simply had Workhorse and he was bowling over my stacked D and his Bronze Rich Gannon with Leadership was faster than any QB I've ever played against. Stuff like that sickens me. Adding 4 to 5 abilities to Silver & Bronze, accessing locked abilities, editing names, team names, etc yes, that was the good nature for which the hex was intended. Powering up CAPs & Generics to godlike status? Crapfest.

I don't think you can hide attributes except if they have more than 5. If you give your player 13 attributes it can only show a possible 5. What that guy did was change all his speed, strength type of ratings that do not show up unless you looked at his team through a hex editor.

There are some games that have been modded that stopped me from playing like COD Modern Warfare simply because I didn't have a good set of sim guys to play with in a league environment.

With APF 2K8 I have that sim league and it is very fun and refreshing to have the ability to have what we always wanted in the first place.

The truth is with so many people that are very good with computers that all popular games will be hacked and modded at some point no matter what you do about it.

You can either stop playing video games or try and find a good group of guys you can trust and have fun with the game.

jyoung 02-22-2011 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theDude47 (Post 2042139926)
Get a PS3 or join a good league.

This.

And play friends.

MINATAURO 02-22-2011 11:19 AM

Nicely put Hitman. Like you said where there's a will there's a way. Someone will figure it out.

NYG 5 02-22-2011 08:31 PM

2k needs to just release their own official roster editing tool that keeps track of how many rating points you use, and only allows X amount for online play.

that way the game keeps variable teams and setups, Stars VS Depth, and gets some of that standardization that the old system intended.

but all 2k does is piss on its own game.