Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Sliders and simming (/forums/showthread.php?t=470758)

TheDelta 02-27-2011 04:23 PM

Sliders and simming

Just some random questions that popped up as I simmed the last games of my franchis season after I had missed the playoffs, do sliders/setting affect the simming of games? How about Supersim? I'm really curious about what kind of experience everyone has with this. I guess a simmed game shouldn't really be affected by sliders, right? Or will I simply lose every single simmed game when I use Jarrod's sliders simply because my team cannot overcome the huge difficulty penalties?

Jarodd21 02-27-2011 04:29 PM

Re: Sliders and simming

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDelta (Post 2042158185)
Just some random questions that popped up as I simmed the last games of my franchis season after I had missed the playoffs, do sliders/setting affect the simming of games? How about Supersim? I'm really curious about what kind of experience everyone has with this. I guess a simmed game shouldn't really be affected by sliders, right? Or will I simply lose every single simmed game when I use Jarrod's sliders simply because my team cannot overcome the huge difficulty penalties?

I ended up simming a few of my friends games who didn't make the playoffs and there teams were winning those last few games so I don't think it makes a difference with that.. I'm not sure about the Supersim though..

mjhyankees 02-27-2011 06:45 PM

Supersim gives you crazy results...I forgot why but when you supersim you get way too many plays (like 150-160 or something). As a result your scores and yardage look like arena football. I don't believe your game sliders affect simmed games (I wonder somethings if team OVR affects simmed games...it should but doesn't seem like it sometimes). However on old gen I found that pass-run sliders and running back 1-2 did affect the simmed stats. On old gen one issue was that the leagues leading rusher would have 500 carries and 2500 yards. When i tipped the sliders to more passing, it balanced out way better.

TheDelta 02-27-2011 07:46 PM

Supersim uses up only 10-20 seconds per play, the results are basically as if both teams were running no-huddle hurry-up offense all game, I try to use it sparingly, only at the end when the game's decided anyway or on a single defensive drive when I find myself "steaming" and want to avoid mistakes. But yes, what I can see often is that I lose possession without TOs with only 1:30 on the clock so the game is over, I go to Supersim to see the CPU QB kneel... and kneel again 15 seconds later... and again 15 seconds later and then they punt me the ball back with 50 seconds on the clock. Pretty ridiculous.

mjhyankees 03-01-2011 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDelta (Post 2042158831)
Supersim uses up only 10-20 seconds per play, the results are basically as if both teams were running no-huddle hurry-up offense all game, I try to use it sparingly, only at the end when the game's decided anyway or on a single defensive drive when I find myself "steaming" and want to avoid mistakes. But yes, what I can see often is that I lose possession without TOs with only 1:30 on the clock so the game is over, I go to Supersim to see the CPU QB kneel... and kneel again 15 seconds later... and again 15 seconds later and then they punt me the ball back with 50 seconds on the clock. Pretty ridiculous.

there you have it....

ariarch 03-02-2011 01:01 PM

supersim is messed up.

on my lions team Suh got 12 sacks in one game... i means hes good but but still.... quite funny