Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Blocking, tackling and running animations (/forums/showthread.php?t=471908)

MEANFIDDLER 03-07-2011 02:53 PM

Blocking, tackling and running animations

In my humble opinion those 3 basic football fundamentals are what the Madden devs should focus on more than anything else! Once they get those 3 things to look and feel seamless and realistic they should start to focus on interactions between receivers and defensive backs! Things like sound and graphics are important as well but lower on the totem pole of importance as far as what truly needs attention for Madden 12.

roadman 03-07-2011 03:07 PM

Re: Blocking, tackling and running animations

I don't disagree.

I'm sure the planning stage for Madden 12 is over.

kjcheezhead 03-07-2011 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MEANFIDDLER (Post 2042183099)
In my humble opinion those 3 basic football fundamentals are what the Madden devs should focus on more than anything else! Once they get those 3 things to look and feel seamless and realistic they should start to focus on interactions between receivers and defensive backs! Things like sound and graphics are important as well but lower on the totem pole of importance as far as what truly needs attention for Madden 12.

Run blocking was addressed in Madden 11. Madden 10 introduced pro-tak and a brand new running animation.

Improvements to all 3 of these issues were major selling points for the past two games.

MEANFIDDLER 03-07-2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjcheezhead (Post 2042183219)
Run blocking was addressed in Madden 11. Madden 10 introduced pro-tak and a brand new running animation.

Improvements to all 3 of these issues were major selling points for the past two games.

Not one of those 3 areas is anywhere close to where they need to be! I say that respectfully but the run blocking is flawed in many ways. The pro tak thing was a nice attempt but it just does not seem to work as they had hoped! The running animations are from realistic looking or feeling. If someone could provide a video of side by side comparisons of a real life running back and a madden running back it would be clear as day to see!

Kaiser Wilhelm 03-07-2011 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjcheezhead (Post 2042183219)

Pro-tak was a gimmick that flat out didn't work. This game needs NFL 2K5 esque tackling. By which I mean multi-hit tackles as well as players interacting with each other. If you don't know what I mean, just play the game for a few minutes and you will see.

Run Blocking seems to be decent, but always room for improvement.

kjcheezhead 03-07-2011 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm (Post 2042183960)
Pro-tak was a gimmick that flat out didn't work. This game needs NFL 2K5 esque tackling. By which I mean multi-hit tackles as well as players interacting with each other. If you don't know what I mean, just play the game for a few minutes and you will see.

Run Blocking seems to be decent, but always room for improvement.

I know what you mean, I flat out hated the pro-tak tacklig system. It was probably the biggest reason I gave up on Madden 10.

My point was that pro tak and the new running animation were major selling points for Madden 10. The improved run blocking was a major selling point for Madden 11 and open field blocking just has lead blockers mimic every move the ball carrier does.

Here is the thread on the new running animation:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...animation.html

Notice how Ian posts the old running animation and adds "which no one seems to like". It comes across as if he is genuinely surprised the 09 running animation looked bad.

At some point, I think people need to accept these are areas madden will continue to struggle with. Time to move on and focus on other parts of the game .

NoTiCe_O 03-07-2011 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjcheezhead (Post 2042184751)
I know what you mean, I flat out hated the pro-tak tacklig system. It was probably the biggest reason I gave up on Madden 10.

My point was that pro tak and the new running animation were major selling points for Madden 10. The improved run blocking was a major selling point for Madden 11 and open field blocking just has lead blockers mimic every move the ball carrier does.

Here is the thread on the new running animation:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...animation.html

Notice how Ian posts the old running animation and adds "which no one seems to like". It comes across as if he is genuinely surprised the 09 running animation looked bad.

At some point, I think people need to accept these are areas madden will continue to struggle with. Time to move on and focus on other parts of the game .

No, people shouldn't expect a company to struggle in the same area year after year, they should expect for them to improve. People buy this game every year they should get a better game every year.

I jus really wish this game had competition, cause it would be so much better. We even talked about this in my marketing class smh. Sucks

tmac3636 03-09-2011 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O (Post 2042185303)
No, people shouldn't expect a company to struggle in the same area year after year, they should expect for them to improve. People buy this game every year they should get a better game every year.

I jus really wish this game had competition, cause it would be so much better. We even talked about this in my marketing class smh. Sucks

Agree 100%.

It boggles the mind how their "major selling points" are actually the most broken aspects of the game.