Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NFL Head Coach (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   1st Season Frustrations (/forums/showthread.php?t=472355)

BrnwsBucksFanNC 03-09-2011 08:00 AM

1st Season Frustrations

After taking a break from this game to play NCAA 11, I have returned to it on a part-time basis, partly to give my old hands a rest! But it is like seeing an old friend again, and remembering there are things about them that drove you crazy!

I have played 2 pre-season games, have the Browns, and started in pre-season so I would not draft the players I KNOW to be sleepers.

So I am 1-1, in the 2 games I have played I have had a total of 17 dropped passes while my opponents have had 3. I have 5 players with injuries of longer than 2 weeks, including 3 TEs and 2 DTs.

I am going to try and get through the pre-season playing the games, then I will sim the games in the regular season. This trainer is terrible (have already had to start canceling practices for fatigue). I just hope I can make it that far without pulling what little hair I have left out!

But dang...I love this game!

scorp 03-09-2011 10:13 AM

Re: 1st Season Frustrations

Yeah always frustrates me how not knowing a play makes WR's drop passes, and defenseive players forget how to tackle.
Add to that most of the time your Trainer may as well be beating you players on off days the way they all get hurt.

Amazing how much better late season 1 and season 2 and on are though.

BrnwsBucksFanNC 03-09-2011 11:35 AM

No kidding. But we cant forget the classic veteran running back who either runs along the line of scrimmage or runs backwards instead of hitting the mile wide hole up the middle!:brickwall

Mike3207 03-09-2011 01:14 PM

You might try supersimming 14 minute quarters for the 1st regular season and possibly entering the last 2 minutes to steal plays. I don't think it takes much more time and you get more points for your HC.You also seem to have your players learn the plays better.

milkman41 03-09-2011 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrnwsBucksFanNC (Post 2042190338)
After taking a break from this game to play NCAA 11, I have returned to it on a part-time basis, partly to give my old hands a rest! But it is like seeing an old friend again, and remembering there are things about them that drove you crazy!

I have played 2 pre-season games, have the Browns, and started in pre-season so I would not draft the players I KNOW to be sleepers.

So I am 1-1, in the 2 games I have played I have had a total of 17 dropped passes while my opponents have had 3. I have 5 players with injuries of longer than 2 weeks, including 3 TEs and 2 DTs.

I am going to try and get through the pre-season playing the games, then I will sim the games in the regular season. This trainer is terrible (have already had to start canceling practices for fatigue). I just hope I can make it that far without pulling what little hair I have left out!

But dang...I love this game!

I did the same thing, and I had a blast with the offseason, the draft was great, but then I started playing the preseason and I just can't pick it up again, the gameplay is just so frustrating, with so many broken parts. It's really too bad, I love this game, I just can't stand the gameplay anymore :(

BrnwsBucksFanNC 03-09-2011 05:08 PM

I am thinking about just simming the games from now on. The off-season things are just great, and I love the mid-week things. But the game play leaves so much to be desired...until you have bought the special skills that mean you can take a crap player and he is an instant superstar...which is just as maddening.

So I will more than likely use NCAA for the gameplay fun and hc for the rest. Too bad they cant put the game play of ncaa/madden into hc or vice versa!

HeathyT 03-09-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrnwsBucksFanNC (Post 2042192370)
Too bad they cant put the game play of ncaa/madden into hc or vice versa!

Wouldn't it be great if they made FA like NCAA recruiting, be way more fun

and you think you have problems with running backs, i tried to put in a couple of wildcat plays, and not only do they stuff up the motion (motion guy heads south wtf) but the HB at QB takes the snap stops for a second and runs backwards lol

USCstreets 03-09-2011 06:39 PM

Ive mostly simmed my games on Head Coach and the best for stats is easily the Crazy 80s sliders which is just everything set to exactly 80 it does something to the game that just works well only other note is that in sim games the teams with really good playbooks put up unrealistic stats, (think Broncos first wide reciever getting 2000+ and up to 30 tds, Payton's runningbacks recieving way too many passes for way too many yards etc.)

If you try an mess with sliders in this while just simming all it does is mess things up so I suggest using 80s and changing the Playcalling strategy based on the opposing team (like Heavy Run when its a Cover 2). Seasons also go much faster and so you can do more offseasons