Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Interesting Rumor (/forums/showthread.php?t=472645)

drae2 03-10-2011 11:16 AM

Interesting Rumor

I was at a Gamestop yesterday here in Chicago picking up MLB 2k11, and the sales person asked me if I wanted to pre-order Madden 12. He then proceeded to tell me that Madden 12 is gonna be the last game with the Madden name on it. Just wondering has anyone else heard this rumor?

jsg 03-10-2011 11:24 AM

Re: Interesting Rumor

i've heard that rumor every year for the last 6 years

Cre8 03-10-2011 11:28 AM

This really doesn't make any sense. I worked at Gamestop for awhile and I will tell you right now that the common gamer (you) probably know as much or more than most Gamestop employees.

Sometimes GS will get email communications from devs, etc..... but, that information doesn't stay 'secret' for long.

Hope that helps.

drae2 03-10-2011 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cre8 (Post 2042195353)
This really doesn't make any sense. I worked at Gamestop for awhile and I will tell you right now that the common gamer (you) probably know as much or more than most Gamestop employees.

Sometimes GS will get email communications from devs, etc..... but, that information doesn't stay 'secret' for long.

Hope that helps.

Cool. Thanks for the info.

djordan 03-10-2011 01:57 PM

Don't believe anything an employee from gamestop says...

blklightning 03-10-2011 02:03 PM

makes sense. they tried it with their nba series. obviously that didn't work out too well. i think it's because ea didn't want to debut a new title with a bad game. so going by that theory, i say this info is false because madden has a long way to go before it's going to be any good. and i doubt that this is going to be the year; far too many issues to be ironed out in twelve months, imo. then again, ea seems to love relying on sales numbers to gauge a game's quality. so you can't be sure. however, you can be sure that gamestop employees aren't the brightest bulbs on the shelf.

Cusefan 03-10-2011 03:02 PM

Why would EA change the name of their most popular sports franchise? That would be like Activision calling Warcraft something else.

splff3000 03-10-2011 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djordan (Post 2042195930)
Don't believe anything an employee from gamestop says...

This. And when we say anything we mean that literally.