Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Other Football Games (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Action Football Pc (/forums/showthread.php?t=473052)

redskinsdaft1976 03-12-2011 08:55 AM

Action Football Pc

Does anyone play this game from Dave Koch sports? i play in a few leagues online with this and i am looking to possibly start up my own league if i can get enough interested. if u are either leave a message on here or drop an email at [email protected]

cheers Andy

jjoe 05-20-2011 04:35 PM

Re: Action Football Pc

Quote:

Originally Posted by redskinsdaft1976 (Post 2042202711)
Does anyone play this game from Dave Koch sports? i play in a few leagues online with this and i am looking to possibly start up my own league if i can get enough interested. if u are either leave a message on here or drop an email at [email protected]

cheers Andy

I play this game and it is absolutely the BEST FOOTBALL SIM on the market bar none. The playbook is phenomenal, you get every player, and the realism isout of this world. Makes SOM, FOF and Mogul shameful (at least on the field).

ABR173rd 05-22-2011 07:49 PM

What is this game like as far as during the game are there actual player graphics? And does this game come with the real NFL 2011 rosters? Thanks

opd897 05-22-2011 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirborneRanger1 (Post 2042421755)
What is this game like as far as during the game are there actual player graphics? And does this game come with the real NFL 2011 rosters? Thanks

There is a field on the game play screen and you can set it to watch an X and O animation the play after you pick the play. Nothing like Madden of course.

It does come with the actual NFL Rosters (2010)but you have to download the real logos and if you want logos on the field there are sites to download them from as well.

I just downloaded this from the PC Action football site and I am enjoying it. Still have a lot to learn though. It does come with a digital manual and strategy guide which will be of some help.

jjoe 05-23-2011 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirborneRanger1 (Post 2042421755)

They have a projection disk that comes out around football season which will include the 2011 rosters and new draft picks for the upcoming season. Keep in mind...although it has an animation chalk board, it is NOT a videogame like Madden. The focus is on realism and football strategy, similar to games like SOM. If you want realism, it is the best text football game on the field, bar none. If you don't like text games, you should stay away.

fishfan77 05-23-2011 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjoe (Post 2042424261)
They have a projection disk that comes out around football season which will include the 2011 rosters and new draft picks for the upcoming season. Keep in mind...although it has an animation chalk board, it is NOT a videogame like Madden. The focus is on realism and football strategy, similar to games like SOM. If you want realism, it is the best text football game on the field, bar none. If you don't like text games, you should stay away.

I play both SOM and APC, but have to say APC football is a much better game. It has so many more options than SOM football and plays great. Easier interface and, like all APC games you can customizeit to suit your needs. Logos, fields, photos, ballparks.

there was a post earlier saying that you have to "download" logos etc. This is true since they dont have the rights to nfl logos etc. There are a TON of sites out there where you can get these items from.

But as the person in the previous post said, this is a TEXT simulation with emphasis on coaching and team management. I am in 2 baseball and 2 football online leagues and have a ball. And one important area where APC has it all over strat is internet play. Its quick and easy to get connected and play a game over the internet

jjoe 05-24-2011 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishfan77 (Post 2042424416)
I play both SOM and APC, but have to say APC football is a much better game. It has so many more options than SOM football and plays great. Easier interface and, like all APC games you can customizeit to suit your needs. Logos, fields, photos, ballparks.

there was a post earlier saying that you have to "download" logos etc. This is true since they dont have the rights to nfl logos etc. There are a TON of sites out there where you can get these items from.

But as the person in the previous post said, this is a TEXT simulation with emphasis on coaching and team management. I am in 2 baseball and 2 football online leagues and have a ball. And one important area where APC has it all over strat is internet play. Its quick and easy to get connected and play a game over the internet

Yeah, nothing out there as good as APC football on the field. It is not really a GM game, but in terms of on the field, it is far ahead of everything else I've come across. I love it.

SportsGuy53 05-25-2011 05:15 AM

Is there old time teams?