Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Manager Mode 2011 (/forums/showthread.php?t=473844)

miamikris 03-16-2011 07:55 PM

Manager Mode 2011

I know that most are not MoM players,but that said i was starting this thread so we could post impressions,strategy and what not regarding MoM mode this year.I'm interested as to what any Mom players think and or some startegies you use for this mode

Fictionix 03-16-2011 08:29 PM

Re: Manager Mode 2011

not hating on it or anything but is manager mode even fun?

Braves Fan 03-16-2011 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fictionix (Post 2042218252)

Yeah it can be, I'd prefer a GM mode though honestly. Basically you put your team together and let it play out on the field. I haven't done it much this year but I spent a lot of time last year doing MOM only. You can get more realistic stats because the human element is taken out of play. You have to play matchups and know when to ride hot streaks, you almost root for injuries just to see how you can make adjustments to your roster.

I think playing vs the CPU is more rewarding but MOM is fun too. This year though it just seems the mode is broken so that's why I'm not doing it. The CPU takes over too much so you might as well just watch the CPU vs CPU.

miamikris 03-17-2011 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fictionix (Post 2042218252)

For me it's great fun!For others i'm sure not.Just depends on what ya like everyone is different.I don't consider your comment hating everyone has fun there own way with the game.I just happen to be a Mom mode junkie

Knight165 03-17-2011 12:20 PM

I'll be loving it...when I get the chance!!
As soon as the OSFM are complete....I'm starting up.
Just a game here and there to check on things right now though.

M.K.
Knight165

Galarius 03-17-2011 01:22 PM

Manager mode is superb, but they need to put in an option to let the game autoplay so you don't have to hit the circle button or wait 6 seconds for play to start....that way when you want to micromanage you can, but when you don't the game will move a bit faster...i like to eat sometimes in manager mode!!!!! huh huh

Is there a manager mode online?that would be great and probably more realistic in many aspects

capa 03-17-2011 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galarius (Post 2042219695)
Manager mode is superb, but they need to put in an option to let the game autoplay so you don't have to hit the circle button or wait 6 seconds for play to start....that way when you want to micromanage you can, but when you don't the game will move a bit faster...i like to eat sometimes in manager mode!!!!! huh huh

Is there a manager mode online?that would be great and probably more realistic in many aspects

+1...big time on the button thing.

C

joker232 03-17-2011 01:52 PM

I love MOM. This the mode I play because I don't have the time or patience to control every aspect of these games. Swinging and pitching is too frustrating.

What I don't like in the Show is the limited amount of stats that carry over seasons in Franchise. Baseball is all about stats and it boggles my mind as to why MLB THE SHOW ignores how important stats are. Example: I would love to know how many stolen bases a guy had the previous year, or OBP or walks, or slugging.

Is there anyone else here who cares about stats? For me that puts a little damper on the MOM/GM mode.