Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NFL Head Coach (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Learning The Playbook (/forums/showthread.php?t=473995)

Magga 03-18-2011 10:13 AM

Learning The Playbook

Hi there!

Is it possible to learn of and def plays faster?

Mike3207 03-18-2011 11:11 AM

Re: Learning The Playbook

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magga (Post 2042223154)
Hi there!

Is it possible to learn of and def plays faster?

Yes. The Special Skill Playbook Training will let you learn plays faster, but you have to learn the seminars first. Here's a little trick I learned to learn and master the playbook in preseason-

1. Supersim the 1st Half of the 1st preseason game, getting each play to Learned status you can.

2. Quit the game at the end of the 1st Half.

3. Play the 1st Half again. Keep doing it until you get the entire playbook Learned. It takes a while, but it's worth it.You'll retain the previous game's play knowledge every time you do it.

Magga 03-18-2011 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrs844224 (Post 2042223262)
Yes. The Special Skill Playbook Training will let you learn plays faster, but you have to learn the seminars first. Here's a little trick I learned to learn and master the playbook in preseason-

1. Supersim the 1st Half of the 1st preseason game, getting each play to Learned status you can.

2. Quit the game at the end of the 1st Half.

3. Play the 1st Half again. Keep doing it until you get the entire playbook Learned. It takes a while, but it's worth it.You'll retain the previous game's play knowledge every time you do it.

Sounds like a bug, but i try it! and why just the first half ?

scorp 03-18-2011 03:43 PM

You can also play till about 2 min left in the 2nd half quit the game and save. The 2nd team players play 2nd half so they learn the plays also.

Kahuma 03-18-2011 09:05 PM

It is a bug, I typically dont use it but it's there if you want it.

goalieump413 03-19-2011 09:33 PM

This game is full of "bugs" like this. More to the point, available exploits.

A more legit way to do it is to play or supersim your entire first preseason with play calling duplications. In the real game, you'd never call the same play twice in a row, but in this game, doing so will take an unlearned play to a learned status after 4 calls.

Also, don't ever punt. Just go for it every 4th down to learn up your guys.

The other way to help your team learn plays faster is to mix veterans with younger players in the preseason. The vets increase each play's probability of success while offering your younger guys a change to play with the first team. Subsequently, your team blends a little better result with the play learning, helping approval ratings.

Mike3207 03-19-2011 09:51 PM

The special skill Playbook Training really speeds up the play learning process. I think it normally takes 7-10 reps to learn a play, but with this special skill you can learn it with 2-4 reps.Advanced Playbook Training is supposed to bring all Created plays to Learned status with 1 rep, but you could probably put those points to something else.