Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Other Football Games (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   What will be the benefit of the Read and Lead? (/forums/showthread.php?t=47410)

Nassar 08-21-2003 10:55 AM

What will be the benefit of the Read and Lead?

I read about the different passing options and Im interested in knowing why I would want to use the read and lead?

Seems like it will be a difficult transition from one button to read and lead but if I master this will I be gaining more yards per game? Will my percentage go up??

Just asking cause Im like why not use the one button if the read and lead doesnt benefit you?

Just asking. Still on the fence with all 3 games lol

Spin 08-21-2003 11:06 AM

Re: What will be the benefit of the Read and Lead?

Well we can only assume at this point but I do think using the R&L will cut down on ppl using the goto money pass routes and hopefully give u a more realistic completion percentage but what I do like about it is that everything is pretty much determined on how well u read the D and how well u can place the circle, nothing is guaranteed. It may be the ultimate user passing system and it looks like alot of fun.

Spin 08-21-2003 11:09 AM

Heres a post by Steve...

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
Steve_OS said:
Sorry for the lack of updates guys, I've been really busy w/ the main site getting reviews and other things up and ready.

As for "Read and Lead". I'm definitely getting better. I'm throwing a good 50 to 60% now hehe....I was going at around a 30 to 40% clip when I was giving my impressions earlier. It is DEFINITELY a new game when you go from "One Button" to "Read and Lead" unlocked.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

MS_CanesFan 08-21-2003 11:36 AM

Nassar said:
I read about the different passing options and Im interested in knowing why I would want to use the read and lead?

Seems like it will be a difficult transition from one button to read and lead but if I master this will I be gaining more yards per game? Will my percentage go up??

Just asking cause Im like why not use the one button if the read and lead doesnt benefit you?

There are *very* few people here on the Fever team who don't prefer to use Read and Lead over one button. I think the reason is that you just get to do a lot more than you can with one button. Most people like a challenging game, not one they can just beat up on.

I will say this, if you are playing read and lead and your opponent is playing one of the other modes, you will be at a huge disadvantage because those modes are much easier. But if you want to be challenged and you like the idea of having total control, read and lead is for you. If you just want to win and don't care how you do it, you will probably not be using read and lead.

Dan

GnarlyKing 08-21-2003 11:49 AM

MS_CanesFan said:
Nassar said:

There are *very* few people here on the Fever team who don't prefer to use Read and Lead over one button. I think the reason is that you just get to do a lot more than you can with one button. Most people like a challenging game, not one they can just beat up on.

I will say this, if you are playing read and lead and your opponent is playing one of the other modes, you will be at a huge disadvantage because those modes are much easier. But if you want to be challenged and you like the idea of having total control, read and lead is for you. If you just want to win and don't care how you do it, you will probably not be using read and lead.

Dan

And that's why I won't be playing against anybody who doesn't use read and lead. Please tell me you can make that required in the game setup or even when setting up an XSN league.

Spin 08-21-2003 12:09 PM

And that's why I won't be playing against anybody who doesn't use read and lead. Please tell me you can make that required in the game setup or even when setting up an XSN league.

link

MS_CanesFan 08-21-2003 12:25 PM

Spin said:

link

Yeah, it's per user for XSN games, but for standard ranked online games you can force both users to use the same passing mode. It can also be per user in that case as well.

Dan

Nassar 08-21-2003 01:43 PM

So So basically if u are in a league and 70% of the people are using one button and u are using r and L u will be at a disadvantage???

Even if you gget very good with it?