Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Sacking the QB (/forums/showthread.php?t=475108)

alexcheema 03-26-2011 01:19 AM

Sacking the QB

What attributes are best to have 10+ sack player? ex. Pursuit, Awareness, etc.

Kahuma 03-26-2011 02:27 AM

Re: Sacking the QB

10 sacks? On what difficulty? Its near impossible.

jvaccaro 03-26-2011 08:47 AM

this is another example of how Madden has totally failed to explain how their product works to their consumers. mind boggling.

anyway...

Speed, Acceleration and Agility all help in obvious ways

Strength is also very important, with 80+ being excellent for a LB

Finesse/Power Move ratings determine their success against pass protection

Block Shed is how effective they are against run blocking

Senator Palmer 03-26-2011 11:29 AM

Power and finesse moves are paramount when looking for a pass rusher. Personally, I prefer finesse rushers because the pure bull rush from edge guys doesn't seem overly effective, although I did get good pressure from Clay Matthews (I think 93 PWM) the few times I played around with the Packers.

And for what it's worth, I'm in the 3rd year of my franchise and two of those years I've had ten plus sacks with a DT on All-Madden that I do not User control. My problem is I struggle getting pressure from the outside guys unless I blitz.

trent11189 03-26-2011 05:02 PM

Finesse moves and acceleration combo will usually get a nice rush even without great speed or strength.

As far as those dt sacks are concerned, I too was seeing way too many of em. when I started my franchise controlling all 32 teams I changed every teams DE to pass rush and DT to run-stop. This was a "Great Success" *Borat voice

PGaither84 03-26-2011 06:07 PM

Coverage.

Against the computer, you need solid coverage. In my experience, if you get pressure too quickly, the computer will throw the ball away. I get most of my sacks after the computer has dropped back, not found anyone and then the pressure gets there.

So, for me, it's all about only sending 4-5 players most downs and just having lock down coverage over the top.

Now, for individuals, it's all about having high Speed, Acceleration and Finesse Moves. Again, in my experience, despite Power Moves being in the game and despite was EA has said, I find the AI and user input often leads to finesse moves playing out most of the time. My favorite example is T. Cody, 72 OVR NT of the Ravens. He has 33 finesse moves and something like 89 power moves. Even with those ratings, I see him attempts spin moves all day.

Finally, attack the right side of the O-line. In my experience the left side of the line suffers from suction blocking and locking you into animations far worse/more often than attacking the right side of the O-Line.

jvaccaro 03-28-2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGaither84 (Post 2042250756)
In my experience, if you get pressure too quickly, the computer will throw the ball away.

agreed. you can overload the blitz against the CPU and get immediate pressure with "cheese" type plays. if you get there too quickly they almost always quick pass it before the hit. this leads to much more INTs than sacks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGaither84 (Post 2042250756)
Finally, attack the right side of the O-line. In my experience the left side of the line suffers from suction blocking and locking you into animations far worse/more often than attacking the right side of the O-Line.

yes. no matter what, lefty or righty, the CPU QB will roll to the right side if there's good coverage down field.

hotsauceme 03-30-2011 06:09 PM

Someone in my Online Franchise runs the 4-6 speed sub package and blitzes with man coverage. Its almost immediate pressure with one of the guys on the outside (usually a SS or FS). He plays with the Raiders so he gets crazy amounts of sacks with Tyvon Branch. Its almost nano fast, but with no adjustments