Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Hockey Dynasties (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=191)
-   -   House of the Rising Sun - Florida Panthers (NHL 11 GM) (/forums/showthread.php?t=475236)

Razor18 03-27-2011 12:38 AM

House of the Rising Sun - Florida Panthers (NHL 11 GM)

1 Attachment(s)

Sunrise, FL.
Florida News;

After a family emergency, Florida Panthers GM Dale Tallon has decided to step down as the General Manager, he will be taking the year off of hockey, and could return next year as an advisor. While the Panthers are concerned for Tallon, they also realize hockey is a professional business, and they need a new GM. Today, Florida Ownership held a press conference where they announced the new GM, Pete Simpson. A former coach of the Saginaw Spirit of the Ontario Hockey League, Simpson led the spirit to the OHL crown, and a memorial cup finals appearance in only his second year. Florida has taken note of his success in the hockey world, and saw fit that he had an opportunity to manage their team. We were able to get a phone call with Mr. Simpson and he had this to say:

"Wow, I just can't believe it, one year you are a rookie head coach, at the bottom of the food chain, the next you are champions and the next thing you know you are managing and NHL club. This all seems very surreal to me right now and I am just trying to soak it all in. I would like to thank Florida Ownership for picking me and letting me have a chance. I promise I will not disappoint. They are giving me 3 years to make a name for myself, and for the Panthers, I plan to do just that. We have a lot of cap space, and we are in need of a rebuild. I will not be making trades just for the sake of making a trade This is going to be a long process but I am ready to make the commitment to excellence and bring this team up from the cellar of the league. Thanks for your time, I look forward to the opportunity."

There you have it, and with the pre season just days away, you have to wonder if Simpson has any plans up his sleeve, or if he is just going to sit and wait to see if anything pops up. Alas, we must not forget about Dale Tallon, all condolences to him and his family.

Razor18 03-27-2011 01:25 AM

Re: House of the Rising Sun - Florida Panthers (NHL 11 GM)

1 Attachment(s)

Sunrise, FL.
Pete Simpson Press Conference

"Hello hockey fans and sports reporters alike. Tommorow the pre season begins for the Florida Panthers and we are very excited about that. I am confident we can have a good season, but I seem some need for improvement. We don't have a large core of young, talented players. And with all due respect to the players in the organization, because we have some great ones, I don't think we have the franchise player right now. This leads me to my big news for the day. I had an outlook that I wasn't going to make many trades, and now that this one has been made I don't intend to make many more, if any at all. With this trade, I feel we are getting the much needed franchise player, as well as some players to help for right now. As well, I am making a bold statement with this trade, in that I fully believe in Jacob Markstrom, and Scott Clemensen's ability to goal tend, and that Markstrom can become a top tier NHL goalie. Well, enough hint dropping, lets cut to the chase. I have made a deal with the Boston Bruins that includes;

G Tomas Vokoun, F Michal Repik, F Tim Kennedy, A 2011 3rd Round Pick (BOS) and a 2013 First Round Pick

And coming our way;

F Michael Ryder, F Chris Kelly, G Matt Dalton, and F Tyler Seguin

"Big move, I know. The basic breakdown is pretty simple. Vokoun is a great goalie, but he is a little past his prime, and his aging, I needed to get rid of him while his value was still very high. Repik and Kennedy are two decent forward prospects that have not developed as expected, perhaps they will succeed with the Providence Bruins, I wish them luck. The 2011 3rd is just a return to sender, we have plenty more 3rd round draft picks, so that one is very expendable. The final piece, the 2013 First, was a hard pill to swallow. Yet I figured that with what we are getting, and the fact that we will be rebuilding this year and next year, by 2013, we will be a great team, that doesn't "need" that 1st round pick, err, I mean everyone "needs" their 1st rounder, but we can live without it given the youth we have.

Now for the return. We are getting two proven, talented NHL forwards that will greatly help our depleted forward core. They will both be able to step into the top 6 and provide solid offense for our club for the next few seasons. I look forward to mixing up line ups with these guys and seeing who can gel and who can bury the puck. These two forwards immediately make our team better, as Kelly can also play on the PK unit, and Ryder is also a great PP guy. Matt Dalton is a guy who does not see a lot of starts with Providence, we hope to see him play a bit more with us, and see what we can do with him. To be quite honest this was to free open the goalie slot to move in Vokoun. And finally, the last piece, Tyler Seguin. This is going to complete the team, and I feel comfortable with where we are heading now. Seguin is going to be the Franchise player down the road, and we expect him to become a great team leader, and as well be a top producer in the league. It's not every day you can pick up a top echelon talent such as Tyler, but today was that day. The Panthers have added that much needed Franchise player going forward, and now we can begin to slot in pieces around him. I won't be looking for much more as far as trades go for this season, mainly I look forward to having a great draft as we have a plethora of picks, and a strong offseason with signings as we have the cap space to do so. I am tremendously excited to break this deal, and I truly believe the Florida Panthers just took a huge step in the right direction with this move."

Dynasty 03-27-2011 07:19 AM

Nice move bringing in Tyler. Kinda odd how Boston now has three number 1 goalies though. Trade logic gets me sometimes in this game, lol.

Seguin develops really quick so at least that will fit in well with your two year plan! What did you have in mind for goaltending? Ride clemmenson this year and try to draft a prospect goalie? Or were you thinking free agent or trading?

Either way, good stuff here I'll be reading

Razor18 03-27-2011 10:12 AM

Hey thanks for reading! Yeah lol I'm not sure why Boston wants Vokoun, beats me. My plan for goalies it to split time with Clemmensen and Markstrom, probably give Markstrom more of the starts (70%-30%?). And with my experience from playing a lot of dynasties, it is basically a shoe in that the Rangers waive Biron, so if/when they do, I'll be picking him up to take the brunt of the games, probably have Markstrom go down to the AHL and start there full time.

Razor18 03-27-2011 10:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 31138

Panthers heading up to Edmonton, Samsonov heading to Phoenix

Edmonton,AB.
Simpson interview;

"Hey how is it going everyone? This trade was a surprise to me, but a good surprise. We just got off the plane actually when Don called me up, saying he had interest in Samsonov. We continued discussions all the way to the hotel room, if course I was whispering to try and keep it as confidential as possible haha. Eventually we were able to string out the deal to send Samsonovto Phoenix in exchange for their 2011 2nd Round Pick. Given the major trade that I just unloaded, bringing in 2 more skilled forwards, an aging Samsonov did not really have a place in our top 6. It's also good for us to have a bit of a salary dump here, bringing us up to $13.939M in cap space. We are very excited to get the show on the road down here in Edmonton, and see how the team performs. Like I said, don't expect many more blockbuster trades, if you are to see any, it is deals like these to grab picks and dump cap. Thanks for tuning in and make sure to check out the game tonight!"

Dynasty 03-27-2011 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razor18 (Post 2042252253)
Hey thanks for reading! Yeah lol I'm not sure why Boston wants Vokoun, beats me. My plan for goalies it to split time with Clemmensen and Markstrom, probably give Markstrom more of the starts (70%-30%?). And with my experience from playing a lot of dynasties, it is basically a shoe in that the Rangers waive Biron, so if/when they do, I'll be picking him up to take the brunt of the games, probably have Markstrom go down to the AHL and start there full time.

Haha yeah. Shouldn't be long untill you get to claim him.

Grats on unloading Samsonov as well, I would rather have that pick too

Razor18 03-27-2011 11:02 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 31141
10 GAME UPDATE

Team Record: 4-5-1
Attachment 31142

Just like in Junior, Seguin is lighting the lamp!

Line-ups

D. Booth - T. Seguin - N. Bergfors
R. Olesz - S. Weiss - M. Ryder
C. Kelly - M. Reasoner - S. Bernier
D. Hordichuk - R. Carter - B. Bitz

J. Garrison - D. Kulikov
K. Ellerby - M. Weaver
J. Callahan - A. Sulzer

J. Markstrom
S. Clemmensen

<html><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" /><link href="http://dynasties.operationsports.com/css/osdyn.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"></head><body><table cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" class="osdyn" width="575"><tr class="masthead_alt"><td bgcolor="#223F92" colspan="10"><span style="color:#E40000">Florida Panthers Stats - 2010</span></td></tr><tr class="stathead"><td width="30%">Skaters</td><td align="right" width="7%">GP</td><td align="right" width="7%">G</td><td align="right" width="7%">A</td><td align="right" width="7%">PTS</td><td align="right" width="8%">+/-</td><td align="right" width="10%">GW</td><td align="right" width="8%">PIM</td><td align="right" width="8%">SOG</td><td align="right" width="8%">SPCT</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Tyler Seguin</td><td align="right">10</td><td align="right">6</td><td align="right">4</td><td align="right">10</td><td align="right">+1</td><td align="right">2</td><td align="right">2</td><td align="right">19</td><td align="right">31%</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>David Booth</td><td align="right">10</td><td align="right">2</td><td align="right">6</td><td align="right">8</td><td align="right">+1</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">19</td><td align="right">10%</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Stephen Weiss</td><td align="right">10</td><td align="right">3</td><td align="right">4</td><td align="right">7</td><td align="right">-2</td><td align="right">1</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">24</td><td align="right">12%</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>Michael Ryder</td><td align="right">10</td><td align="right">5</td><td align="right">2</td><td align="right">7</td><td align="right">-3</td><td align="right">1</td><td align="right">2</td><td align="right">20</td><td align="right">25%</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Dmitry Kulikov</td><td align="right">10</td><td align="right">1</td><td align="right">5</td><td align="right">6</td><td align="right">+1</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">4</td><td align="right">9</td><td align="right">11%</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>Niclas Bergfors</td><td align="right">10</td><td align="right">1</td><td align="right">4</td><td align="right">4</td><td align="right">+1</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">17</td><td align="right">6%</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Chris Kelly</td><td align="right">10</td><td align="right">2</td><td align="right">2</td><td align="right">4</td><td align="right">-2</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">2</td><td align="right">17</td><td align="right">11%</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>Keaton Ellerby</td><td align="right">10</td><td align="right">1</td><td align="right">2</td><td align="right">3</td><td align="right">+4</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">6</td><td align="right">16%</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Rostislav Olesz</td><td align="right">10</td><td align="right">1</td><td align="right">2</td><td align="right">3</td><td align="right">-2</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">2</td><td align="right">10</td><td align="right">10%</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>Steve Bernier</td><td align="right">10</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">1</td><td align="right">1</td><td align="right">-2</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">13</td><td align="right">0%</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Alexander Sulzer</td><td align="right">10</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">1</td><td align="right">1</td><td align="right">+1</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">4</td><td align="right">0%</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>Marty Reasoner</td><td align="right">10</td><td align="right">1</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">1</td><td align="right">-2</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">2</td><td align="right">11</td><td align="right">9%</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Ryan Carter</td><td align="right">10</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">3</td><td align="right">0%</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>Darcy Hordichuk</td><td align="right">10</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">-4</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">6</td><td align="right">5</td><td align="right">0%</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Jason Garrison</td><td align="right">10</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">-2</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">2</td><td align="right">3</td><td align="right">0%</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>Mike Weaver</td><td align="right">10</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">+4</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">4</td><td align="right">0%</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Byron Bitz</td><td align="right">10</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">4</td><td align="right">7</td><td align="right">0%</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>Joe Callahan</td><td align="right">10</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">+1</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">2</td><td align="right">2</td><td align="right">0%</td></tr><tr class="stathead"><td width="30%">Goalies</td><td align="right" width="7%">GP</td><td align="right" width="7%">W</td><td align="right" width="7%">L</td><td align="right" width="7%">T</td><td align="right" width="8%">GAA</td><td align="right" width="10%">TOI</td><td align="right" width="8%">SV</td><td align="right" width="8%">SV%</td><td align="right" width="8%">SHO</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Jacob Markstrom</td><td align="right">7</td><td align="right">3</td><td align="right">3</td><td align="right">1</td><td align="right">2.84</td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right">91.1%</td><td align="right">1</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>Scott Clemmensen</td><td align="right">3</td><td align="right">1</td><td align="right">2</td><td align="right"></td><td align="right">3.30</td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right">89.8%</td><td align="right">0</td></tr></table></body></html>

Yeah like I said, Seguin playing really well, goaltending and defense have been my downfall so far. Hopefully a clear cut starter emerges, or someone waives a goalie.

Next 10

<html><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" /><link href="http://dynasties.operationsports.com/css/osdyn.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"></head><body><table cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" class="osdyn" width="475"><tr class="masthead_alt"><td bgcolor="#DD3B3F" colspan="5"><span style="color:#FFFFFF">Florida Panthers 2010 Schedule</span></td></tr><tr class="stathead"><td width="20%">DATE</td><td width="60%">OPPONENT</td><td align="right" width="20%">RESULT</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Nov 5</td><td>vs Carolina<td align="right"></td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>Nov 6</td><td>at Carolina<td align="right"></td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Nov 10</td><td>vs Toronto <td align="right"></td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>Nov 12</td><td>vs Minnesota<td align="right"></td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Nov 13</td><td>at Philadelphia<td align="right"></td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>Nov 17</td><td>at Atlanta<td align="right"></td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Nov 18</td><td>at Boston<td align="right"></td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>Nov 20</td><td>at New York Islanders<td align="right"></td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Nov 22</td><td>vs Pittsburgh<td align="right"></td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>Nov 24</td><td>vs Boston<td align="right"></td></tr></table></body></html>

Razor18 03-27-2011 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dynasty (Post 2042252289)
Haha yeah. Shouldn't be long untill you get to claim him.

Grats on unloading Samsonov as well, I would rather have that pick too

Yeah, good to stock up on picks like that, especially when Samsonov was not going to be a major piece at all