Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   All Pro Football 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Is there a way to control 2 teams in a Season Mode? (/forums/showthread.php?t=475575)

cgalligan 03-29-2011 02:01 PM

Is there a way to control 2 teams in a Season Mode?

I've asked this a few times but I haven't really gotten a straight answer.

Just wondering if its possible to create a Season and control 2 teams.

My brother and I would like to play in a Season vs each other.

I figured someone might know how to do this now that we have the HEX editor.

Thanks.

theDude47 03-29-2011 02:03 PM

Re: Is there a way to control 2 teams in a Season Mode?

Nope, not possible.

browns99 03-31-2011 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theDude47 (Post 2042259713)
Nope, not possible.

I was just wondering how is your file coming?

theDude47 03-31-2011 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by browns99 (Post 2042266952)
I was just wondering how is your file coming?

Don't want to hijack the thread, but things are progressing slowly. I've gotten a few teams done, but I got a busy week coming up next week. I think now I understand why Finn didn't release an editor. I think the name problems are hard to avoid even with an editor. It's really weird how the developers did it. They seemed to have linked most of the names to text elsewhere in the file and to unlink it, you have to link to some other piece of text (ie. player descriptions, teams they played for in the past, etc.). This process makes things really hard to fix.

catcatch22 03-31-2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theDude47 (Post 2042267100)
Don't want to hijack the thread, but things are progressing slowly. I've gotten a few teams done, but I got a busy week coming up next week. I think now I understand why Finn didn't release an editor. I think the name problems are hard to avoid even with an editor. It's really weird how the developers did it. They seemed to have linked most of the names to text elsewhere in the file and to unlink it, you have to link to some other piece of text (ie. player descriptions, teams they played for in the past, etc.). This process makes things really hard to fix.

Actually I think I know how to fix it but haven't tried it yet. I might have to actually try to make a roster. I am sorry but it is hard to get motivated to sit there and do this stuff.

theDude47 03-31-2011 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catcatch22 (Post 2042267583)
Actually I think I know how to fix it but haven't tried it yet. I might have to actually try to make a roster. I am sorry but it is hard to get motivated to sit there and do this stuff.

I completely understand, man. It's fun at first, but then gets extremely tedious and annoying after that. You put in a sequence so that it looks for the name elsewhere only to find out that it's connected to yet another name of someone you already worked on. Keep us updated if you figure it out.