Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NFL Head Coach (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   NFL Head Coach 09 Questions (/forums/showthread.php?t=476069)

NCAAFBall00 04-01-2011 08:59 AM

NFL Head Coach 09 Questions

A) if u stàrt. Draft/off-season where is the option to resign players I'm talking ufa not rfa?
B) I like to rebuild teams.... What team is the best to rebuild with?

Mike3207 04-01-2011 01:16 PM

Re: NFL Head Coach 09 Questions

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCAAFBall00 (Post 2042270343)
A) if u stàrt. Draft/off-season where is the option to resign players I'm talking ufa not rfa?

If you're looking to re-sign players, you do it after the 6th week of the regular season. If you're looking to sign unrestricted FA and RFAs, you do it in the FA period that's 18 days after the offseason starts.

NCAAFBall00 04-01-2011 01:31 PM

what i mean is

when u first start ur career i have the choice of starting off-season or pre-season if u go off-season before the fa starts u cant resign them in the beginning of feb can u?

Mike3207 04-01-2011 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCAAFBall00 (Post 2042271081)
what i mean is

when u first start ur career i have the choice of starting off-season or pre-season if u go off-season before the fa starts u cant resign them in the beginning of feb can u?

Nope.Soonest is the FA period, and you have to outbid everyone else to sign them.

rdnk 04-01-2011 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCAAFBall00 (Post 2042270343)

A. Well they only let you resign guys during the season (it's dumb I know). However, if you start with the offseason/draft, at least you have the franchise tag and the ability to get them back in free agency.
B. The easiest team to rebuild with is KC. Cap room, tons of picks and not much talent on the roster. A hard team would be Washington or Oakland, because of their cap situation and they're missing some picks. Lions lack talent, but have a ton of cap room. Same with Miami (I think) and St. Louis. Cincinnati is about medium, they have talent, but they have some bad contracts too.

NCAAFBall00 04-05-2011 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdnk (Post 2042272480)
A. Well they only let you resign guys during the season (it's dumb I know). However, if you start with the offseason/draft, at least you have the franchise tag and the ability to get them back in free agency.
B. The easiest team to rebuild with is KC. Cap room, tons of picks and not much talent on the roster. A hard team would be Washington or Oakland, because of their cap situation and they're missing some picks. Lions lack talent, but have a ton of cap room. Same with Miami (I think) and St. Louis. Cincinnati is about medium, they have talent, but they have some bad contracts too.

What's a better way to rebuild?

a) Lot up on draft picks and just pick alot of prospects in the draft

or

b) pick a few draft picks and select two or 3 times in the 1st round and get three key prospects for the upcoming season?

NCAAFBall00 04-05-2011 05:34 AM

also how do u earn skill pts for ur staff during the staff

Mike3207 04-05-2011 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCAAFBall00 (Post 2042282209)
also how do u earn skill pts for ur staff during the staff

If you're asking how you get points for your staff during the season, it varies with each coach. You'll get the most points when you play the games, although supersimming will get you a fair amount of points. Meeting individual milestones in games like 300 yards passing or beating rivals will let you get more points, and winning will usually get more points then losing.Gms get points with good drafts, and trainers get points after players recover from injuries.