Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Might be cheese but..... (/forums/showthread.php?t=476490)

mjhyankees 04-04-2011 09:43 AM

Might be cheese but.....

I"ve taken to frequently calling a run and audibling to a pass or vice versa. The cpu seems to cheat too often and knows what i'm going to do ahead of team. For example: I have a 3rd and 15. Poor QB so I want to run just to gain some yards for my punter and let my D hole 'em. The cpu comes out in a 4-3! On 3rd and 15????? Obviously it knows my call. So I"ve started to audible to counteract this. Anyone else experience this?

Kahuma 04-04-2011 09:55 AM

Re: Might be cheese but.....

If you notice when the CPU calls an offensive play, it tells you the personel (2WR, 2RB, 2TE, etc) I believe they get the same thing.

Now even if the CPU is allowed to know what you called, I don't think audibling will fix that.

Jarodd21 04-04-2011 10:03 AM

I wouldn't say it cheesing calling a pass then audibling to a run. But there's a few bug plays where you can aubible from a run to a pass(Strong Close) where it leaves your WRs wide open about 60 percent of the time which results into a quick TD. Thats about the only one I can think of. That don't happen on other formations from what I know. I never audible to a pass from a run anyway I usually just flip the play over or adjust my O-line blocking but one of my friends use to try and exploit this so we had that audible banned from our offline franchise.

s38s38s 04-04-2011 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kahuma (Post 2042279148)
If you notice when the CPU calls an offensive play, it tells you the personel (2WR, 2RB, 2TE, etc) I believe they get the same thing.

Not entirely true they know the personnel, but even if you call Gun Spread (4WR, 1 HB) and you call a HB Draw, or any run, the CPU still picks a base defense like 4-3/3-4. It's been an issue for a while.

Now even if the CPU is allowed to know what you called, I don't think audibling will fix that.

Now picking the same Gun Spread but a pass, you WILL see nickel or dime vs a base defense thus audibling down to a run is a realistic counter to this issue.

To the OP this tactic vs the CPU isn't cheese, it's a necessity.

jvaccaro 04-04-2011 04:36 PM

sure, the CPU might choose 4-3 D because then can also see how you're in a 2WR 2RB 1TE formation.

however, the CPU definitely calls more run stopping Ds if you picked a run play, and pass coverage Ds when you are throwing it. not always, but I agree with the OP -- it's quite noticeable.

poopoop 04-04-2011 04:42 PM

If the CPU picks it's play based on your specific playcall that is the cheese.