Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MMA Forum (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=184)
-   -   UFC on Versus 4: Marquardt v Story, June 26 (/forums/showthread.php?t=477829)

BlueNGold 06-28-2011 07:01 PM

Re: UFC on Versus 4: Marquardt v Story, June 26

So wait, what?

He did the same thing as Sonnen yet Sonnen will be coaching the next season of TUF and Nate is out of a job? What the hell?

redsrule 06-28-2011 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueNGold (Post 2042533116)
So wait, what?

He did the same thing as Sonnen yet Sonnen will be coaching the next season of TUF and Nate is out of a job? What the hell?

Its Bisping-Miller.
Also it was probably the fact that he had 6 weeks to do something about it but didn't

Sandman42 06-28-2011 07:44 PM

Sonnen's results also didn't come out until after the fight, so people were still able to buy and watch him fight Silva. Nate was caught beforehand, canceling the fight so Dana was probably pissed at that. If this had come out after the fight, like him failing a post fight drug test, he would still be in the UFC.

XFactah416 06-28-2011 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redsrule (Post 2042533199)
Its Bisping-Miller.
Also it was probably the fact that he had 6 weeks to do something about it but didn't

Not only that, but Nate messed up a main event on free TV with a network affiliated to NBC. That hurts big time and pisses Dana off. Chael still managed to fight and not screw up the main event. Nate forced the card to lose its "marquee" matchup.

Plus, there was a lot of criticism aimed towards the whole Chael case, and unfortunately Nate got made an example of. With this said, this is also his second official strike, and, while assumptions are dangerous, he was probably on Hormone Replacement Therapy for awhile, so we can only assume that he was on it for many fights before this as well.

ex carrabba fan 06-28-2011 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueNGold (Post 2042533116)
So wait, what?

Yeah the difference seems to be the commissions.

Sonnen was allowed to fight and therefore didn't potentially ruin the show, whereas Nate wasn't allowed to compete and embarassed the promotion.

BlueNGold 06-28-2011 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redsrule (Post 2042533199)
Its Bisping-Miller.

Oh, right. Got that messed up.

I guess the reasoning to fire him being that he screwed up the main event on a free TV card makes sense, I was just expecting something different considering Dana said he was "disgusted".

redsrule 06-28-2011 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueNGold (Post 2042533317)
Oh, right. Got that messed up.

I guess the reasoning to fire him being that he screwed up the main event on a free TV card makes sense, I was just expecting something different considering Dana said he was "disgusted".

Well, if he had 6 weeks to fix it and he didn't, and Sonnen at least fought first. This was cancelled 1 day before the fight happened, thus possibly hurting ratings.

The Chef 06-29-2011 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redsrule (Post 2042533554)
Well, if he had 6 weeks to fix it and he didn't, and Sonnen at least fought first. This was cancelled 1 day before the fight happened, thus possibly hurting ratings.

Everyone keeps saying 6 weeks but in the video Nate seems to be talking 3 weeks as it was 3 weeks prior to the card that his blood was tested and it was higher then the allowed window to be medically cleared to fight.

I actually think Dana way over reacted to this and should bring him back. From what I heard in the video this treatment was approved for his previous fight with Dan Miller but it was only approved with the understanding that evidence would be shown to the athletic commission in New Jersey I think it was and apparently he proved his case as they approved of it as well. To top it off the UFC was well aware that he was doing this treatment dating back to atleast prior to the Miller fight so it wasnt as if this caught them completely off guard like it did with Chael. According to Nate and his camp they pulled the plug the day before the fight because his levels were still slightly too high but by the next day they were actually low enough that he could have fought still. I like Nate so Im sure my opinion is slanted a little but I really think Nate got a raw deal with this one.

EDIT- Just read something interesting, Spike actually counter programmed against the card on Versus? Kinda blows my mind in a way, and the kicker is they replayed UFC Fight Night 22 and it beat the Versus card in ratings, thats terrible imo.